Nail Hugs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2016-04-17 - Vika Kisel NailHugs EN.jpg

Hi @BobSweden

Thank you for taking the time to update this post :)

I am in love with Nail Hugs but am still having problems. I did 4 accent nails on myself recently over L&P &Shellac & top coated with Shellac. 3 nails were perfect & lasted but one nail came off within hours. They were all applied the same so Im at a bit of a loss really :(

I will try the Facebook group to see if I can sort it, thanks afain for the update :D xx

I'm using them with Ink London ilac and Gel II
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464731076.626035.jpg
and finding they last brilliantly as long as I double topcoat.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464731035.913728.jpg

Hi @BobSweden

Thank you for taking the time to update this post :)

I am in love with Nail Hugs but am still having problems. I did 4 accent nails on myself recently over L&P &Shellac & top coated with Shellac. 3 nails were perfect & lasted but one nail came off within hours. They were all applied the same so Im at a bit of a loss really :(

I will try the Facebook group to see if I can sort it, thanks afain for the update :D xx

Did you apply the NailHugs on top of the Shellac top coat after removing the dispersion layer?

View attachment 194804

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at nail hugs. They were extremely easy to use and very effective. I thought they were really good value for money as each pack comes with 3/4 sheets. The only down side was they wore off after a week of so, so I would suggest 2 gel topcoats for longevity.

Hope that helps xxx
They no longer come with 3/4 sheets just 2 and I found mine were already breaking up when I took away the backing paper [emoji45] xxx

They no longer come with 3/4 sheets just 2 and I found mine were already breaking up when I took away the backing paper [emoji45] xxx

I think you still get the same size, just over 2 long sheets rather than the smaller 4. Ive not seen the new ones in the flesh tho- just videos on Facebook. I sat down & swatched all mine today actually so hoping to get some interest in them.

They are great but i do winder if i have a batch from the faulty ones :( xx

I tried these about 5/6 weeks ago and paid the shipping from Canada - within an hour my lady was back due to the Hug rubbing away and bubbling - this was with Gelish top coat.

I did wonder if it would seal better if a clear colour coat was applied over the Hug and then a top coat?

Even if this is the case though, I don't think it would be worth it using extra product when I could just cut out other branded transfers and use the same amount of time & less products...

Yes I tried one on my ring finger it was off in 2 days and another pack was breaking up before being applied. I'm going too speak with Alexandra on Sunday and see if there is something I'm doing wrong xxxx

I tried these about 5/6 weeks ago and paid the shipping from Canada - within an hour my lady was back due to the Hug rubbing away and bubbling - this was with Gelish top coat.

I did wonder if it would seal better if a clear colour coat was applied over the Hug and then a top coat?

Even if this is the case though, I don't think it would be worth it using extra product when I could just cut out other branded transfers and use the same amount of time & less products...

Thsts exactly what happened to mine, it bubbled up & i could wipe it off with a tissue!
It was only one nail out of 4, all of which were applied exactly the same! Base, shelkac colour coat x2, topcoat, hug & double topcoat again.

For what im charging for a set/accent nail ive decided its not worth the hassle & time lost doing redo's. Its such a shame as they look fab, but ill stick to stamping :( xx

I just received mine. I have to say application is super easy. I love them so far. My topcoat went on smooth... I was worried at first that it would mess it up, but it looks good!
So far, I'm sold.... I love them.

I just received mine. I have to say application is super easy. I love them so far. My topcoat went on smooth... I was worried at first that it would mess it up, but it looks good!
So far, I'm sold.... I love them.
Good luck on them not chipping, bubbling... They were fab for me until this point. :(

So who is the current uk/Ireland supplier? I've gooled it to death & can't find?
I've used this (a co worker ordered from Canada ) & liked the effect! Did top coat over gel polish colour, buffed surface of cured topcoat lightly for few seconds with a block buffer, removed dust & it went on a dream, gel top coat to finish & lasting well for clients!
Don't want to pay huge shipping cost from Canada tho & wait! Any info if they are actually available here gratefully received! Ta!
Hi there i know this is a post from a while ago but i have just recently become the uk distributor for NailHugs if there is anything you need please let me know x

I dont apply my nail hug on the top coat.. i wipe of dispersion layer of my colour coat, hug, then top coat

Hi there i know this is a post from a while ago but i have just recently become the uk distributor for NailHugs if there is anything you need please let me know x

Hi Bex, great to hear from you.

I've been a fairly frequent user of nail hugs and loved them.

I recently bought some new designs and the first one has been a disaster with half the design peeling away jaggedly before I could apply it to the nail. I wasted pretty much a whole packed on four accent nails and was very disappointed when compared with the earlier nail hugs I bought. If you pm me im happy to discuss the issues in more detail and send you the remainder if the pack for inspection.

Thanks

How do you order these please?

How do you order these please?
Sorry my reply is so late my phone app wasn't working in didn't realise. My email is [email protected] if you need anything x

Hi Bex, great to hear from you.

I've been a fairly frequent user of nail hugs and loved them.

I recently bought some new designs and the first one has been a disaster with half the design peeling away jaggedly before I could apply it to the nail. I wasted pretty much a whole packed on four accent nails and was very disappointed when compared with the earlier nail hugs I bought. If you pm me im happy to discuss the issues in more detail and send you the remainder if the pack for inspection.

Thanks
Hi I'm sorry to hear you are having problems if you would like to contact me my email is [email protected] x

[merged posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using them with Ink London ilac and Gel II View attachment 197792and finding they last brilliantly as long as I double topcoat.

View attachment 197791
I love the look of these and would really like to try some festive ones for Christmas. I also use Ink London iLac. Would you mind sharing the process you use and how long they are lasting?

I was very excited to receive mine- but they literally broke up as I tried to (very carefully) use them. Feel like I have wasted my money x

Did anyone have any success with these? They were so easy to apply but wouldn't stay put :(

Latest posts

Back