Nail techs needed for Crisis homeless charity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hola geeklings...

We've just had this press release come into the office so I thought I'd post it on here in case any of the London-based geeks were interested in volunteering...

Tis a great cause and one that hopefully we can give a bit of exposure to in the mag too!!

Cheers all

Kat

xxx
Editor
Professional Nails

Nail Technicians: Can you help make a homeless people feel good about themselves this Christmas?

Crisis, the national homelessness charity, is urgently appealing for nail technicians, to volunteer their skills to help boost homeless peoples’ self-esteem this Christmas.

Up to 1,500 homeless and vulnerably housed people will visit the 34th Crisis Open Christmas this year. Some will be rough sleepers but the majority will be hidden homeless people who may stay in hostels, bed and breakfast accommodation or on friends and families floors.

Held at six venues across London, the Crisis Open Christmas is a gateway to opportunity for homeless people. The Open Christmas provides access to a range of essential health, accommodation, work and learning support as well as companionship at a time of year that can be especially lonely for homeless people. Coming to the Open Christmas is the first step many guests take towards rebuilding their lives and we hope that many of the people we see over the Christmas week will be inspired to take up year-round opportunities at Crisis such as the workshops and courses available at the Crisis Skylight centre.

The beauty area is an integral part of the services on offer and can give guests a huge, and much needed, boost to their self-esteem. Nail technicians are urgently needed to volunteer for a range of shifts between 23rd and 30th December inclusive

Dawn Slater, Nail Bar Manager said, “What volunteering at the Crisis Open Christmas gives you is immeasurable; you come out of it with your heart a little lighter. The guests keep thanking you for being there, and it makes you glad you came.”

Crisis Open Christmas would not be possible without the help of around 3,500 volunteers who generously donate their time and skills over the Christmas week and the Nail Bar team are a key part of the volunteer workforce.

To volunteer, call 020 7426 3874 for an application form, apply online at www.crisis.org.uk or email [email protected]. For more information call 020 7426 3875/2.

thanks for that kathryn a worthy cause indeed.

This is certainly a good cause. Funnily enough, i've just been asked to help with a charity which helps one parent families and run various events to help them. They do the "parent line" and every year go to various areas offering mini manicures and nail art to help give the women some pampering they wouldn't normally get, including various other beauty treaments too. I have said i would like to help, so they are going to send me details.

Latest posts

Back