Naked massage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a beauty therapist and masseuse and I work from home. I tend not to allow male clients as I have had some problems....most recently during a swedish massage treatment one male 'client 'insisted on being naked as it was more comfortable for him (covered by towels) I do request that they keep underwear on. Is this normal or am I being a prude?

No, you're not being a prude. I have had exactly the same requests and I do believe it's them trying it on by convincing you that they need to be naked. They don't. It's inappropriate, particularly when the female is working alone. It's not on if it makes you feel uncomfortable. I tend to feel these men get their rocks off by doing this. Just say no.

I think anyone who 'insists' on being naked for a treatment is playing a power game. I don't think it's acceptable ever. For this reason, I work from home, and I do not offer any male treatments at all.

I did a couple of male massages when I worked from home that generally made me feel uncomfortable. From that moment on I decided I didn't want to do them and never did. Simply say "I'm afraid I don't offer male massage". If they ask why, just say it's something you choose not to offer. You're allowed to elect not to.

Since having a salon, I've had one dodgy bloke. I told him he wasn't welcome in our salon. It's your business and I don't think we should ever feel uncomfortable.

Vic x

Jeremy Vine, radio 2, Tuesday 6th September....
Listen to it if you can, it recounts a case that was bought to court regarding an accusation by a client of being 'inappropriately touched...'
It is a very odd scenario....., for some reason the 'therapist' was wearing a bikini and had been drinking!!!!:confused:o_O
However, what it does flag up, is there are some weird folk out there...do not leave yourselves open for mis-interpretation!:cool:

With men you have to be strict, if they insist on being naked and you are not ok with it, just tell them plain and simple...you either keep your underwear on or you are not getting massage and don't avoid eye contact...so they know that you will not budge...you are not making them to have a massage with you...they chose to have it.
Keep strong and be direct [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back