natural glitter tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex73

Reaction score
HIya, i've had a mini nightmare recently! just started in salon, and i've already got free repairs to do,(boss will be extatic:irked: ). First is repairs to my dream soak off gel nails (broken & knickered), most likely my fault, and also i need to give free nail art to a client. I did beautiful glitter tips oin her lovely nat' nails (using method of NSI stained glass:art brush dipped in clear polish then into glitter). It peeled off the same night in the bath.
Dammit, feeling like a right rubbish cow! How can i get the glitter tip look to last on natural nails? !! please help!:cry:

Sorry I dont know what NSI Stained glass is - is it a gel or a varnish.

If you are trying to get something to stick to a shiney surface, then you will struggle.

If you are doing art on natural nails then you need to make sure the nails are prepared well first - make sure you use your prep products to clean the nail of oils etc. Use a good basecoat, then place your glitter very thinly - it is better to do a couple of thin coats rather than a thick coat. Make sure you use a good sealing top coat over the top of the glitter.

Depending on how soon after the treatment, she had a bath, this may have caused the problem. If the varnish has not had enough time to completely set and dry then the heat from the bath can cause problems.

I would'nt totally blame yourself like said previously it depends when she had a bath and whether she helped it along. i am going to start using u.v top coat sealers on my nail art.

Latest posts

Back