Need a woman's opinion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TattooGurl

Reaction score
So sometimes i hate that all my friends are dudes I never have anyone to talk to about the girly stuff. For the past few weeks I have been considering on cutting my hair off. Now this is nothing new to me I tend to lop it all off even shave my head for no reason.

So since the whole Wen feascio and losing half my hair. All these hair dressers telling me I'm frying my hair with all the colour and heat treating and what not and I just just own up to it chop it all off and start over, when in reality I was washing my hair with that Chaz Dean Wen crap and half my hair was breaking off and the other half was just falling out entirely so after chopping off all my hair to half a inch long it's now finally grown out and it took years.

Sadly the ordeal changed my hair texture permanently it's no longer soft shiny curls now it looks more like a really bad brushed out half curled half crimp job so I need to flat iron it everyday to make it look even remotely presentable. Which I don't mind some times others not so much when I'm running late. On those days my hair look fried and frizzy and like dead straw but that's just the texture of my hair now. Yes it is bleach to a very platinum blond but it's done professionally tho I do dye my hair nearly weekly with Manic Panic but that's a non toxic aloe vera based hair colour.

So now I've given you a little of my story I have been thinking about cutting my hair off maybe a ear level bob and a cool undercut with a pattern shaved in or a typical pixie cut which is my normal go to short hair because I know it looks good on me. I just don't know it took years to grow my hair out and even tho it's barely even long enough to call long most people would call it pretty short being it only just goes just past my shoulders.

The texture of my hair now is so gross it's all rough and dull never shiny looks and feel like straw all the way to the root and it takes forever to flat iron and style my hair everyday which I need to do because I have a medical condition called Hyperhydrosis basically excessive sweating so I get Botox in my scalp but when I sleep I still sweat and the rubbing on the pillow I wake up looking like Medusa.

It's just it took so long and I like it so much and it's very cold here so hair keeps my head warm but on the other side it looks like shit most of the time takes forever to make it look half decent and it takes a crap ton of products. Tho short hair takes just as much effort I'm still going to wake up with my hair sticking up every morning and I'm gonna have to style it I cant just toss it in a messy bun and go about my day. Also regular hair cuts to maintain the look when it's longer you can get away with skipping a few cuts.

I just have no one to talk to about this and I'm so in the fence about it I've been going back and forth for about 7 weeks now and the other woman in my life my mother told me it's just summer and it's hot and once it's fall I'll forget all about it. Well it's pretty much fall in northern Canada it's cooled down not hot anymore and I'm still thinking about it I just need someone to give me some advice better then what I've gotten.

I would stop ironing my hair and trying to compete with a peacock .
Your hair condition might improve and perhaps make an app with a health care or alternative healthcare for nail and hair oral supplements these really make a huge difference in your hair skin and nails.

If you're lucky enough to suit a pixie cut, go for it, I really think that would be a great option and easy peasy. It's very liberating to get rid of time consuming hair. You could funk it up a bit with some colour?

Latest posts

Back