Need advise for new Manicurist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toots

Reaction score
Hi all,:)
I've now Setup a table, lamp shade, two chairs and a shelf with a few products, in my home. Oh, and I got myself a Foot Spa - for the Pedicures.
I now need to ask just a few more questions:
  • Where else can I buy reasonably priced products from, besides Nsi?
  • What can I use to take out the exfoliator or Mask out of their containers without using my fingers - and where can I buy it?
  • What other product can I use to soak the hands in, besides the bio solutions Nail blanche - from Nsi. The product only comes in small sachets and not in a bigger container.
  • I heard from someone that I should buy wet wipes to wipe the clients feet before they put their feet in the foot spa. Is that what you do?;)
I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again, very soon. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hi Toots,

Depending on what other products you are looking for - you could try your local wholesalers - Sallys, Capital, Aston Fincher etc.

I would use some form of spatula - these are widely available from wholesalers - I use the ones for waxing.

If you are doing an NSI manicure then you should stick within your product range as this looks better, IMO, to the clients rather than a mish mash of different brands. Do they not do another nail soak within their range. On this subject check out the thread by Izzidoll a little while back about soaking during a manicure - I never do it.

I dont do pedicures but if you are using a sanitising foot soak then surely this does the whole job - I may be wrong. (but dont tell anyone I admitted that LOL).

Toots said:
I've now Setup a table, lamp shade, two chairs and a shelf with a few products, in my home. Oh, and I got myself a Foot Spa - for the Pedicures.
  • What can I use to take out the exfoliator or Mask out of their containers without using my fingers - and where can I buy it?
  • What other product can I use to soak the hands in, besides the bio solutions Nail blanche - from Nsi. The product only comes in small sachets and not in a bigger container.
  • I heard from someone that I should buy wet wipes to wipe the clients feet before they put their feet in the foot spa. Is that what you do?;)
I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again, very soon. Enjoy the rest of your day.
#

Hi Toots,

i'm sure you'll get loads of advice but here is what i do..

have a look at the ellisons website www.ellisons.co.uk they have a lot of different products for manicures and pedicure treatments

i use the wooden waxing spatulas to take the products from there containers

i use a santising spray on my clients feet before i pop them into the spa bath, although you can buy tray liners too.

where did you do your training Chick?

xxx

Toots said:

Hiya
To scoop out exfoliator and mask, wooden spatulas (similar to what a doctor uses to hold your toung down) are great. You can get them from any large beauty supplier such as Ellisons.
I would advise against soaking your clients hands as part of a manicure - the nail plate remains temperarely swollen with water after soaking, you apply polish, then once the nail plate returns to it's normal form the polish no longer 'fits' it, so is therefor much more likely to chip or simply peel off. However, many techs still like to do it and many clients still expect it. I recomend CitruSoak from Creative Nail Design's Spa Manicure Range, it produces a soft lacey foam with a fresh, invigorating citrus aroma.
You could use wet wipes on your client's feet before soaking but there should be no need. Be sure to use a good quality de-oderising product in your foot spa. I swear by FootSoak from Creative Nail Design's RawEarth range. I've never found a product so effective at bannishing smellyness from smelly clammy feet. Any one's feet are a joy to touch after a soak in it! Always remember to sanitise and disinfect your foot spa thoughrouly after each use.
Good luck to you! :)

I did my training at Nsi Nails

Toots said:
I did my training at Nsi Nails

As Fiona said it would probably be better to stick with Nsi as it does looks good to have the same product range used throughout the treatment.

xx

Thanks Fiona, How do you sanitise your foot spa? Do I rinse it out and then spray it with the sanitising spray?

Hi,

Toots said:
Where else can I buy reasonably priced products from, besides Nsi?
Pretty much anywhere, there are loads of companies to choose from.
Get a catalogue from Creative and see what you think. I just bought a bottle of Citrusoak for £13, not paying much attention to size - it's ENORMOUS - it'll last me forever! Much more cost effective than buying smaller sizes. You only need a little of each product too so they last for ages.
Sallys sell the Salon System range and also OPI, so you could look there - they both do a whole manicure range.
I agree with the others though, I think it looks better if you can have products from one company as it looks neater and more organised.
Wooden waxing spatulas. Sallys sell in boxes of 100 for about £1 I think. Remember to only use each end once though and then throw away.
I use Creatives cuticle remover and don't need to soak as it's sooooo good. Also see reason above re. polish not lasting as long. But any manicure range will sell a product to soak the nails in.
Sounds an expensive way of doing it. I use a sanitising foot spray first (which I put on before I do the consultation). After each cllient I wash out my foot spa and use sanitiser spray to clean it as well.

HTH

Latest posts

Back