Need Help re drills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancyt

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm just new to this site and this is my first post. I have been reading here that it is vital when prepping the nail to file in the direction that the nail grows. However I was taught to prep the nail with an electric file moving from right to left over the nail plate to remove shine. Am I not supposed to use an e-file for this? Also can anyone tell me if there is a master educator for Creative in Waterloo, Ontario Canada?
Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

You shouldn't use an e.file on the natural nail. You only need to remove the shine and it's much quicker with a hand held file as you gently swipe the nail once from cuticle up to the free edge. By the time you change the head, check the speed and switch it on, you'll be done. Give it a try and let me know what you prefer. xxx

OK will do. Thanks so much for the advice.

If you've always used an e.file then you might take a bit of convincing but how about you try a whole set with a hand file? Simply because I love a gadget, I bought an e.file a couple of years ago..............it cost me over £300. Without training, we all know these things are lethal but I don't think they're any quicker at all. The only thing I use mine for is to clean under my own nails. I didn't train so I wouldn't want to risk causing permanant damage.

Just think, once you get used to a hand file, you can do your job anywhere without worrying if there's electric and an extension lead. xxx

HI, is an e-file the same as an electric nail drill? Probably at £300! if so, i did a days NSI training on drilling tecniques, and i thing they are FAB! They make back-filling neater, easier and quicker, and shaping the enhanced nail (if your works a bit less than smooth!) faster.
but we were taught :Look_righ NEVER :Look_left to use them on the natural nail, as it would cause excessive thinning and even tearing of the natural nail plate.

Latest posts

Back