Need help to get my clients back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenity.spa

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a beauty therapist and have well over 10 years experience in the industry. However I have just bought a salon. The salon was run by a single therapist and part of the purchase was of course the client list. she was taking in $2-3k a month only working 2 days per week. I have had it now for a couple of months and have noticed that since take over i am only getting about 2-3 clients a day rather than be fully book out as she was.

how do i get these clients back?? its been my dream since forever to have my own business, make it successful so i am able to have a rewarding work/life balance with my family.

...The salon was run by a single therapist and part of the purchase was of course the client list. she was taking in $2-3k a month only working 2 days per week....

Sorry, but that sounds rather unrealistic unless she was doing medical/cosmetic procedures. Did you take legal advice before buying the salon as its very unusual to include an amount to cover existing clients as they're not a tangible asset as they often follow their favourite therapist rather than stay with the salon.

When you take over an existing salon business, it's normal to work harder longer hours not fewer in order to establish your mark on it.

What are you doing to market the business to new clients? Where are you focussing your advertising?

With the dollar compared to pound it probably is higher then regular you right there AcidPerm.

Um clients tend to freak out and try follow their old therapists it happens quite often and sadly you can't really sell clients it is not a tangible asset.
Clients are like cats . They will come if they want to. Hahahahahaha
Sorry just been chasing my cat around the garden today.

Latest posts

Back