Need help with my hair-what can I do with this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Help! I absolutely hate my hair at the moment but I don't know what to do with it! I'm not a hairdresser so looking for advice on what to ask a hairdresser for or ideas inspiration on what would look better? This is just freshly washed and roughly blow dried. I usually straighten it but am bored of it looking like a mop! It's so fluffy too so any tips on that would be great!
Please excuse the pic as I have no make up on either so it's hideous!!

Thanks in advance!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477650465.253509.jpg

Id book in for an olaplex treatment at your nearest salon, discuss the issue during your appointment and buy the retail products they reccomened to you. What products did you use in the pic? I.e shampoo conditioner & other products?

I just used Aussie shampoo and conditioner for dry/damaged hair and then applied a matrix hair oil before blow drying. I'm not very good at blow drying so maybe I'm making it worse myself! It's curly underneath naturally but straight on top.

The trick with a good blowdry is to always keep the air flowing down the hair. Imagine roof tiles all laid facing downwards, that's what the surface of your hair is like, if you blow upwards you lift the "tiles" (actually cuticles) and this lifting is what makes the hair frizzy, when you blow downwards you keep all the cuticles nice and flat :) also if the texture is curliest at the bottom a round brush through that area whilst drying downwards will help keep it all smooth, it is tricky to do at first but stick at it and it'll become easier :) I don't have any input on the shampoo & conditioner because I don't use them but it's nice to hear your using an oil prior to drying :)

Latest posts

Back