Need some help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazG1

Reaction score
Hi im new to the nail industry i love it and by the way cant get ehough o this web site.
I just completed a course for acrylic an been practicing on myself! and acrylic is hard 2 put on yourself (im used fo fiberglass/silk) i have noticed tiny air bubbles through the acrylic am i applying the acrylic wrong?? ne1 got ne ideas? wud really appreciate it thanx! another think dont worry im not offering this 2 clients yet! il c if i can get a pic up soon

Are you pressing and patting the acrylic before you start smoothing and stroking it? This would get the air bubbles out.

Are you near all your stuff to have a go now and let us know if it solves the problem? xxx

Hiya

Im not in the best position to give you advice ive only been qualified a few months but im working full time as a nail tech so ill do the best I can-

firstly make sure your not working too wet or dry you should have a perfect bead on your brush not too sloppy and not bumpy!

also you can sometimes see the air bubbles when you are working the acrylic if so press oer them gently with your brush and they should dissapear.

Thats all I know really babe some of the more experienced techs wil be able to give you better advice.

Love Nikki.xx

P.S ive tried to get some geeks together for a chat in the geek chat room at 7 tonight if your around join us!!

Also make sure that you leave your bead for a couple of seconds before you start patting/stroking as i found this helped get rid of any air bubbles i had.

thanx so much i'l give your advice a go! i thought i was patting it but mayb not enuf! alos i think some of my beads were a little bumpy!jus need alot o practice! bit short o models 2 practice on @ min. thanx girls :) xo

I often get this too, but found that if i let the bead settle for a minute when i put it on the nail then start to work it they disapeared. If i pressed the bead too fast then thats when i noticed tiny airbubbles. Dont know if this helps.x

When you are putting your brush in your dappen dish, make sure that you immerse it entirely in the monomer to make sure all air bubbles are released from your brush and then wipe the brush as usual on the dappen dish. I hope that makes sense.

Im with you Chris on this one. The bubbles are more than likely in your brush

Try dipping your brush into your monomer and hold the bristles of the brush at the side of your dappen dish, applying a little pressure....watch the bubbles drain away. Do this a few times to ensure all bubbles are removed.
Then start again, this time taking care not to swirl your brush from side to side whilst in the nail liquid.

Place your then wet brush onto your powder, no need to drag or force too much powder onto your brush as the liquid will draw up its required amount.

Too much powder may leave you working too dry and too little may leave you working too wet.

You can always dab out any access liquid from the back of your brush onto a nailwipe.

You didnt say which product your using, but Ive used this techniques with lots of different products over the years and it lends itself to most L&P systems

Hope this helps sweetie

Also if you play with your product too much this can happen as well.
x

thanx so much this site is so helpful!!! i use millinium, this is so bad i havnt had a chance to practice yet but hopefully my mum will let me do hers 2moro and i'l be scanning this thread and trying everything! thanx again! :)

Back