New beauty business & no customers - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceymmm

Reaction score
Hi, I have just recently resigned from my job and have decided to set up my own little beauty venture. I have just qualified in classic eyelash extensions, precision brows and nouveau lvl. I am going to do the phi brows microblading course in 2 weeks time also. The problem is that I have just moved from Ireland to the U.K. (Coventry) And I do not know anyone here. I don't even have a friend I can practice on. I plan to do it from home and I have a Facebook and instagram page and have just designed some flyers to hand out. Has anyone any ideas what else I can do as it's hard because I don't know anyone and have invested a lot of money into this. Any help is appreciated thanks x

I would suggest you apply to work in a local salon to gain local exposure and experience and then perhaps go on your own. It's hard moving and making new friends.
Shame man I wish you lots of luck . Xxxx

The link above has so many good ideas. In my experience it's often good to pick 2-3 ideas and do them really well. Are you posting regularly to Facebook? Get some good content going and as people go to you're page they'll see you as active, relevant and trustworthy. I also think networking is your best friend and get you business listed on Google Business. It worked well for me. I also launched my salon using a Groupon type strategy. The trick there is to get numbers and then keep a relationship going with them. I did a GrabOne promotion when I opened. Did a pedi deal. Got 30 people and kept quite a lot of them as regulars. Cheers

I would suggest you apply to work in a local salon to gain local exposure and experience and then perhaps go on your own. It's hard moving and making new friends.
Shame man I wish you lots of luck . Xxxx

Thank you x

The link above has so many good ideas. In my experience it's often good to pick 2-3 ideas and do them really well. Are you posting regularly to Facebook? Get some good content going and as people go to you're page they'll see you as active, relevant and trustworthy. I also think networking is your best friend and get you business listed on Google Business. It worked well for me. I also launched my salon using a Groupon type strategy. The trick there is to get numbers and then keep a relationship going with them. I did a GrabOne promotion when I opened. Did a pedi deal. Got 30 people and kept quite a lot of them as regulars. Cheers

Thank you so much, you have put some great ideas in my head :) I have a Facebook page and post regularly but the only thing is that I don't know anyone from coventry that I can add. I am new to the uk so no-one from the uk looks at my Facebook, all my friends are from Ireland.... Have you any thoughts on this? I will definately try the group idea and get my business listed on google. How do you get it listed? x

Thank you so much, you have put some great ideas in my head :) I have a Facebook page and post regularly but the only thing is that I don't know anyone from coventry that I can add. I am new to the uk so no-one from the uk looks at my Facebook, all my friends are from Ireland.... Have you any thoughts on this? I will definately try the group idea and get my business listed on google. How do you get it listed? x

Hi, you're welcome. To get your business listed on Google Business, go here https://www.google.co.nz/intl/en/business/ and in terms of adding local people to your FB page, I find it effective to go the the Pages relevant to your area and start adding to the conversation - be helpful, add value and perhaps even just introduce yourself as new to the area. People will look you up and friend request you. It's possible for you to friend request people too.

Hi, you're welcome. To get your business listed on Google Business, go here https://www.google.co.nz/intl/en/business/ and in terms of adding local people to your FB page, I find it effective to go the the Pages relevant to your area and start adding to the conversation - be helpful, add value and perhaps even just introduce yourself as new to the area. People will look you up and friend request you. It's possible for you to friend request people too.

Thank you so so much!! You've really helped ☺️

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes,

Would have to agree with nailpod. If you do such a good job you could get your own regular customers. Then start offering home service and then finally opening your own salon.

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes,
Hi Hun, I hope you don't mind me asking but how do i use Groupon? I have emailed them twice with no reply? Is there anything I should know?

Hi Stacey
If you've got pics of your work post lots of them on your page. Boosting posts to local people may help you as you don't have friends here to share posts. Have you tried the Facebook selling sites? Or recommend a friend offer?
I'm in Coventry too let me know if I can help x x

Hi everyone just wondering how do you get people in when it's quiet times of the year. Have seen about doing competitions but never done this is this something people do? I'm a mobile beauty therapist.

I have Pmd you Stacey x

Hi, I have just recently resigned from my job and have decided to set up my own little beauty venture. I have just qualified in classic eyelash extensions, precision brows and nouveau lvl. I am going to do the phi brows microblading course in 2 weeks time also. The problem is that I have just moved from Ireland to the U.K. (Coventry) And I do not know anyone here. I don't even have a friend I can practice on. I plan to do it from home and I have a Facebook and instagram page and have just designed some flyers to hand out. Has anyone any ideas what else I can do as it's hard because I don't know anyone and have invested a lot of money into this. Any help is appreciated thanks x

Stacey!! I'm done from coventry, I haven't seen many people who are from cov on here! What's your fb, I'll try and a support you and you can always test on me x

You could maybe go and advertise on your face books local for free & wanted sales sites as that will have people in the area on and some allow advertising , you could also run a like , share & add a friend to my fb page comp advertising a free service for a random winner once you hit 100 something like this may help maybe ??? In my experience word of mouth is always the biggest advertising tool.. do you have children ? Any school runs where you can acost the mums with flyers ? Xx

Latest posts

Back