new business start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2this

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking into opening a nail bar with 1 or 2 sunbeds in it. I have good business experience and understand that location is EVERYTHING!!!! I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many clients they get in a bad week and also a good week for both nails and sunbeds. I know its a bit vague as everyone is in different locations and new businesses always take while to build up customers, but I know how much i need to earn a week but am just unsure of how many clients to expect. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks everyone x :hug:

Before I opened my salon I estimated (in really rough and ready terms) each regular nail client is worth around £10 a week, over a year. Basically that means I needed 50 regular nail customers to make £500 a week.

Sunbeds are not the big money makers they once were and what ever you do, don't believe the manufactures estimated profit figures! Sunbeds are under a cloud at the moment due to them being classed as a 'definite carcinogenic' and we aren't sure how the government/hse will react yet, but at best I can see it costing us money (licences etc) and at worse, I suppose, they could even ban them! (very unlikely though). If you chose to lease/buy the sunbeds then the cost of this together with the cost of staffing them would probably mean you'll be making big losses, at least, until you become established and trusted (could be over a year!)

Have you got any clients now? I opened my salon (with 2 sunbeds) just about a year ago. I had 8 years worth of clients on my database and yet it's still been more of a struggle than I hoped. My second year is looking much better though:)

Jes

Hi, i am looking into opening a nail bar with 1 or 2 sunbeds in it. I have good business experience and understand that location is EVERYTHING!!!! I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many clients they get in a bad week and also a good week for both nails and sunbeds. I know its a bit vague as everyone is in different locations and new businesses always take while to build up customers, but I know how much i need to earn a week but am just unsure of how many clients to expect. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks everyone x :hug:

Depending on space have you thought about renting out a beauty room (to help cover your rent), maybe instead of 1 or both sunbeds!
Emma x

Latest posts

Back