New Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffybaby

Reaction score
Hey,
I am wondering if anyone has tried, but am looking to use minx with shellac, like one finger nail each hand but I don't want the minx peeling off because it's on the hands and doesn't last as long.
Could you apple shellac top coat on top? Or does that not work?

Thanks [emoji173]️

I haven't tried them, but am wondering how people feel about them generally?

I haven't done any Minx for a long time. Is it still popular for others?

Is it now being marketed as more of a retail product?

Am I right in thinking that you no longer need the lamp? Was that just a waste of money for all who invested in the black Minx lamp?

I tried them on my finger nails but they peeled at the free edge after a couple of days, so a lady suggested trying a gel coating. So when I get chance I am going to give it ago again. They looked gorgeous and I got lots of good comments about them.
No heat is needed for the new formula.

Do use know how I would prep the nails is it al normal but we don't need to heat the minx to apply on, am just wondering if the shellac top coat would last on top, I might try on mayself before I try on a client lol.
Some of the styles are nicer up to date etc etc! Got w couple to try and I think would go great on the ring finger with certain colours [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Did anyone give this ago? I still have not got round to trying it :)

When ever i do minx on finger nails I always coat in shellac top coat and make sure u seal the free edge...that helps the minx to stay put for longer. Hth x

I am a sucker for new toys, and I have just bought the new Mini Minx heat lamp from S2. I don't really know why as I am quite creative with additives and stamping, and found I never got asked for Minx, but anyway I am looking to give Minx another try. I have only used Minx on natural toes.
On fingers, has anyone tried adding Minx (original Minx or new Minx) to the shellac tacky coloured layer then using shellac top coat over it?
If yes how did it last?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back