New OPI lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
Has anyone else bought the new OPI LED/UV lamp? I am having major problems with the sensor not always working. I'm just about to send the second one back. I am an experienced tech and I can't believe it's me or my clients doing something wrong - unless one of you know something I don't.

Hi there! I have the 2nd OPI lamp (white with black interior) and I get along with it ok. I find myself saying to new clients slide your hand in and rest it. lol sometimes clients do weird things like try and put two fingers in one spot. For new people I usually check so I can assure a great service. Do you have the 3rd lamp? White with digital timer and fan?

Yes, it's the latest one I'm having trouble with the LG dual lamp. I had the Studio lamp and the black one, both were fine.

Tbh that's the best one in my opinion no heat spikes and digital timer.. maybe watch your clients a little closely because the sensor in the lamp is usually spot on. In the spa where I work I watch them our their hands in. The light is sensitive (imo) and won't turn on unless put in the right way. In your downtime try putting your hands in & out to see how it goes and see if you notice a pattern. If you slide your hand in and rest them inside the grooves it usually works perfect.

Latest posts

Back