New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ladies

Can I join you! Found out last week! Having had two miscarriages before we aren't telling anyone yet so no one to talk to.

Will be my first, OH has two grown up boys already. This wasn't at all planned so has come as a bit of a shock to say the least, it's taking a bit of getting my head around. Am now driving myself mad with all the things I should have been doing and wasn't and all the things I shouldn't have been doing and was, plus at 39 there are all the other issues.

I am useless at keeping track of my periods, it wasn't an issue! Best guess is 6-7 weeks so a lot could happen yet.

Have not long returned to the industry after a five year break and have steadily been building up my Client base from scratch am also part way through my level 3 beauty therapy, so going to have to have a think how it can all work together.

Hi Ladies

Can I join you! Found out last week! Having had two miscarriages before we aren't telling anyone yet so no one to talk to.

Will be my first, OH has two grown up boys already. This wasn't at all planned so has come as a bit of a shock to say the least, it's taking a bit of getting my head around. Am now driving myself mad with all the things I should have been doing and wasn't and all the things I shouldn't have been doing and was, plus at 39 there are all the other issues.

I am useless at keeping track of my periods, it wasn't an issue! Best guess is 6-7 weeks so a lot could happen yet.

Have not long returned to the industry after a five year break and have steadily been building up my Client base from scratch am also part way through my level 3 beauty therapy, so going to have to have a think how it can all work together.
Congratulations Sammi!

Just wanted to say that I had 2 miscarriages then went on to have 3 big healthy babies after that. I know it's worrying but try not to stress too much and enjoy it x

I'm 17+3 today and it's going so quick
Thank god !!! Can't wit until 15th November for 20 week scan and congratulations sammi010 xx

Congratulations Sammi!
That's so exciting Lydia, do you have any ideas as to what you think it might be? Is this your first?

I have no idea what it is , we already have two girls , I don't mind d though just counting down days for scan !!! 10 to go [emoji5]️[emoji5]️

I have no idea what it is , we already have two girls , I don't mind d though just counting down days for scan !!! 10 to go [emoji5]️[emoji5]️

just crossed your fingers.

Ah so exciting let us know when you find out!

Anyone else starting to get uncomfortable now?

A question to all you ladies. My oh and I have been talking about starting a family. Due to how maternity pay works here, we have decided 2018 will be the year! I'm super excited and want to buy baby stuff right away lol

my question is, for those self employed how long did you take off work? I'm hoping for 3months but am very scared at being away from my business for that long. I work alone and will not hire while I'm away. I have to save quite a bit (hence 2018 lol) as I need to cover my expenses my space while I'm away. I also have to save some money to cover the income I will lose being on maternity pay from the government (they only pay 65% of your salary, I'd like to have a nest egg so to speak for anything). I plan on returning part time after my maternity leave. Maybe 2-3 days per week.

Not sure where you are but usually cannot get paid maternity
If self employed in Canada unless you have paid into a private fund.

Adding you must register 12 months in advance and pay one year of Ei premiums. Hth.

Adding you must register 12 months in advance and pay one year of Ei premiums. Hth.
I'm in Quebec. It works entirely different than in the rest of the province's. We pay into a parental plan automatically as soon as we start working. You can take maternity leave as employed or self employed.

I've actually just been informed that I don't need to stress as much as here, when your self employed, you can still work and receive maternity leave. I just need to reduce my work load by 40% in order not to have to pay back any money. Quebec is set up well for parents. I'm actually quite surprised. I've read that in the rest of Canada it's completely different.

I'd still like to know how long others took off before going back full time?

Last edited:
Have my booking in appointment this afternoon. It's all starting to feel a bit more real!

I know what you mean Sammi it's nice when you see the midwife !! Is this your first ? X

I know what you mean Sammi it's nice when you see the midwife !! Is this your first ? X

Yes, and a bit of a surprise one at that!

I'm pregnant with a surprise 3rd but really excited aswell X

Took a test today, bfn. A few hours later a faint pink line, then another hour later a bright pink very visible line. I know people say not to look after the time frame as they are evaps but it's so annoying! It looks real lol this has happened with the last few tests I have taken! Iv never had evaps before! X

Take another one babychops , I couldn't not I'd just be wandering am I or aren't I lol Xx

I may try and wait a few days and see. I'm not convinced really though x these are the pics
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478816526.029259.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1478816534.430062.jpg

I can see why you'd be confused [emoji53] I'd defiantly be taking another one X

So my little girl is 2 weeks old now but had a shock yesterday as health visitor turned up to redo the heel prick test to retest for cystic fibrosis as my little girls result was inconclusive, they were very vague with any more information and just said it needed to be retested and will take 2 weeks for results so obviously worried now even though she said don't worry and it's probably just a contaminated card

Latest posts

Back