New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my little girl is 2 weeks old now but had a shock yesterday as health visitor turned up to redo the heel prick test to retest for cystic fibrosis as my little girls result was inconclusive, they were very vague with any more information and just said it needed to be retested and will take 2 weeks for results so obviously worried now even though she said don't worry and it's probably just a contaminated card
As relatively easy as it is for me to say, try not to worry too much.

Medical people are so used to carrying out these tests and then having to deliver that they develop a thicker skin. We're just not used to anything like that, so it hits us harder.

When I was pregnant with my daughter *cough*eleven*cough* years ago, I had to be tested and monitored for spina bifida (and I had more pictures of her before she was born than I did for a while after!) and they were quite blase about it; it's just how they deal with it.

So my little girl is 2 weeks old now but had a shock yesterday as health visitor turned up to redo the heel prick test to retest for cystic fibrosis as my little girls result was inconclusive,

Telling you not to worry isn't much help though is it! Fingers crossed it was just a contaminated card. Try not to let it blight the next two weeks xxx

Have my first scan booked 5th Dec, seems like an age away! Other than sore boobs and being a bit more tired than usual not having any other symptoms so now the initial shock has worn off it doesn't really feel real yet.

5th December isn't that far away !! I was like you sammi sore boobs , tired that was it !!! Lucky really [emoji12][emoji12]
Had my 20 week scan today baby all fine , and we are having a boy !!! So will have two girls and a boy [emoji170][emoji170]

So my little girl is 2 weeks old now but had a shock yesterday as health visitor turned up to redo the heel prick test to retest for cystic fibrosis as my little girls result was inconclusive, they were very vague with any more information and just said it needed to be retested and will take 2 weeks for results so obviously worried now even though she said don't worry and it's probably just a contaminated card

Hopefully all will be ok! I'm sure it will be! Xx

5th December isn't that far away !! I was like you sammi sore boobs , tired that was it !!! Lucky really [emoji12][emoji12]
Had my 20 week scan today baby all fine , and we are having a boy !!! So will have two girls and a boy [emoji170][emoji170]

Congrats! Be lovely to have a little boy, something new and different! lol I can't imagine having a boy now, I'm so used to having a girl! X

Wow! How lovely!

Sore boobs and tiredness are nothing really are they! Just found out a friend of mine is 14 weeks and she's been really struggling with morning sickness, so yes lucky really!

Hopefully all will be ok! I'm sure it will be! Xx
Yes all is fine thanks got a letter today saying the repeat tests came back as a normal result - feel much better now as I'd convinced myself something was wrong with every noise or sniffle she made

My little woman 15 weeks old now xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479449973.928184.jpg

My little woman 15 weeks old now xxxView attachment 202176

She's beautiful [emoji177] doesn't the time fly! My little man is 8 weeks today, and I can't remember the time when he wasn't here I feel like he's been with us forever [emoji170] xx

Yes all is fine thanks got a letter today saying the repeat tests came back as a normal result

That's great news, you must be so relieved!

Oh Molly she is beautiful!

Aww all these baby's and bumps r growing fast now! My little man is 15 months old now and cheeky as ever!

Attachments

• 1479503121308.jpg
    1479503121308.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 47
Haha He looks so cute and cheeky [emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji5]️

Hope everyone is getting on ok? I am going mad as I'm sure I ovulated this month but period is late! But iv been getting negative tests so maybe I didn't ovulate at all? "Do not get obsessed! Do not get obsessed!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] x

Babychops I've been there too !!! I was lucky I knew if I ovulated as it was really really painful , I got a strong positive when I was a week late , hope you get the result you want Xxxx

Well I took a test today and honestly don't know if there's anything there or if I just want to see something lol I'm 5 days late now. I'm in no rush , just be happy when it does lol x

Babychops I've been there too !!! I was lucky I knew if I ovulated as it was really really painful , I got a strong positive when I was a week late , hope you get the result you want Xxxx

I get painful ovulation aswell. That's why I'm convinced I'm late x

Ah yay congratulations to you! So exciting

Can't believe I'm 37 weeks this week, it has flown by. So excited to meet her now, starting to get very uncomfortable and beginning to get a little bit nervous about the birth.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479684614.280705.jpg

Jumping on here girls to say hi!
I've got my 12 week scan on Wednesday, and my little boy will be a year old on 5th December!! It's going to be quite a close gap between them [emoji51] anyone else got little ones close together??
I'm a bit nervous as I've just started renting a room for my business and it's all going really well, but now I'm anxious that I've only seriously got about 5 months until I need to go on maternity leave again and worried I'm going to loose all my clients! I only just started getting them all back after my first mat leave [emoji87][emoji85]

Latest posts

Back