New Shellac! Aurora looks fab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes beauty 4 all they do! Actually the only one that I found needed more than two coats was Nordic lights. But that may be because it's on a clear colour pop.

Is Tundra hugely different from Rosebud + Moonlight & Roses do you think?

Glacial Mist is a gorgeous colour, very glittery!

Hi all
I used winter glow in a friend tonight and had to use 3 coats, it still didn't look right
Any ideas ? Xx

I found this too ^^. It didn't distribute evenly. I'll be interested to see how it lasts x

Hi everyone! Is anyone else having issues with Nordic lights coverage? I find it's really really thin yet all the images I see it looks opaque! I had to do three quite generous coats today and could have even done four thin coats.

TIA,

Jody xx

Hi everyone! Is anyone else having issues with Nordic lights coverage? I find it's really really thin yet all the images I see it looks opaque! I had to do three quite generous coats today and could have even done four thin coats.

TIA,

Jody xx

Have you made sure it's shaken THOROUGLY? Turn the bottle upside down and shake it like crazy for 30 seconds to give it a good mix up otherwise all the glitter will settle at the bottom x

TIA,

Jody xx
I got this today and was really disappointed with the coverage. Like you say all the images I've seen it's really dark purple but after 3 coats on a pop it's still see through. It does say semi sheer on the back of the bottle I noticed.
I've now put 2 coats of it over 1 coat of rock royalty and it looks good so this is how I'll have to you use. The coverage of glitter is fine, it's just so see through!

Phew glad it's not just me! I was disappointed too! I have just used it over Blackpool and that was nice too but still not what I was expecting. X

4 generous coats of Winter Glow for me tonight....

However I adore the colour!

I wonder is there a batch problem with Nordic Lights. As a couple of you said above. I shook, stirred, rolled, and still it looked weak, three coats was still insipid. The Vinylux was a much stronger depth of colour that only needed 2 coats. I can layer it but why is it so paler than the Vinylux version. there is usually a slight difference in colour/texture but not as much as I have experienced.

I wasn't expecting it to cover fully as the bottle does say it's semi sheer so I've been putting a layer of purple underneath - lilac longing for persons wanting a brighter look or grape gum for those wanting a darker sparkly look. I'm guessing Fragrant Freesia would or a pink would also look amazing under it but haven't tried that yet.

I'm finding a layer of opaque colour and a layer of Nordic Lights are fine but a second layer of NL really makes it pop.

I wasn't expecting it to cover fully as the bottle does say it's semi sheer so I've been putting a layer of purple underneath - lilac longing for persons wanting a brighter look or grape gum for those wanting a darker sparkly look. I'm guessing Fragrant Freesia would or a pink would also look amazing under it but haven't tried that yet.

I'm finding a layer of opaque colour and a layer of Nordic Lights are fine but a second layer of NL really makes it pop.

Thank you. I missed the Semi sheer bit, silly me. I have tried layering it over Tango Passion and it's beautiful, but I will try Lilac Longing. I think I was disappointed as from colour pops I saw before release in the UK, had made it look more opaque.

Ooh, Tango Passion is an ace idea. I'll give that a go too.

Love the Aurora collection

Hi all
I used winter glow in a friend tonight and had to use 3 coats, it still didn't look right
Any ideas ? Xx

I had the same last night! After 2 coats of Winter glow and one unimpressed customer, a layer of grapefruit sparkle on top saved the say and actually looked really pretty!!! Xx

Latest posts

Back