New Shellac Colours 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reserving judgement until I see pops but first impression is that a lot of the colours look very similar to current colours. I am hoping that the bottom row are metallic (basing that on the name Steel) that would be cool. Like the look of the blues too. At first look I'm not sure there's many there I'd go out of my way to buy straight away but they might look totally different out of the bottle.

zu2u4u8a.jpg

not really keen on the bottom row but the lobster one looks nice as does the blue one!
Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I love the look of the bottom row and that new purple one looks amazing. They look like gorgeous new autumn winter shades, while there may be similiar colours they are all a different shade and are a fresh new updated collection. I can see colours there that I will swap out with other shades once they've run out to give a newer colour option for clients.

I don't carry every single colour, I have lots of colours and choose carefully so I don't have colours sitting there that no client ever asks me for (but thanks to additives I seem to be putting these colours to use now!)

I love the fact that CND always come up with classy grown up colours that are all very wearable and still fun.

Where have all these colours come from x

Shellac kleuren collectie

From the Dutch website Shellac.nl the site is owned by BeautyXL, a Dutch Company, and Distributor for The Netherlands, Belgium & Luxemburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new colours :) x

personally i like the lilac and 2nd cake pop. cakepop seems like romantique and grapefruit looks like strawberry smoothie. i could be wrong but thats what it seems like. maibe in person i could see the difference more.

zu2u4u8a.jpg

not really keen on the bottom row but the lobster one looks nice as does the blue one!
Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

thank you for posting, I would love to see the last two rows up close though :)

Hmmm I cant see them very well on that and on the link you cant see that page?

Still cant see a yellow though! Or a bright orange.

Boohoo.

both bright orange and yellow are so easy (and cheap) to make with additives.

I second that, you can get a beautiful bright orange and yellow using additives :) they wouldn't be particularly popular colours on their own all year round .. So there is method to CNDs thinking. The new colours look amazing! From the swatches I have seen they are nothing like I expected either, I will hold off ordering limeade tho I'm just not sure my clients will like it. I was hoping it would be a mint green with no shimmer instead!

How do you ladies create your orange? Do you layer the yellow over tropix or mix the red and yellow additive and layer it over Studio white?

I must have more of a play with the additives, I actually have a lot of ladies asking for orange, from bright to burnt regardless of the time of year.

I also wanted the green to eb a mint green but will order it in nonetheless!

:)

How do you ladies create your orange? Do you layer the yellow over tropix or mix the red and yellow additive and layer it over Studio white?

I must have more of a play with the additives, I actually have a lot of ladies asking for orange, from bright to burnt regardless of the time of year.

I also wanted the green to eb a mint green but will order it in nonetheless!

My favourite is tropix with yellow additives... and then a coat of tinsle toast. Such an amazingly hot summery look!

either will work. if you make an orange mix you could try layering it over faux fur - just try it out! .

Hi ladies! I'm super excited about the launch of the new sweet dreams shellac collection! Do you know if we can pre order the shellac or is it a case of just order on the day? X

Last edited by a moderator:
no hun you cant pre order shellac, you have to wait until its released x

Thought so, thanks souz! #giddy x

either will work. if you make an orange mix you could try layering it over faux fur - just try it out! .

That sounds like an unusual one! Wouldnt have thought about trying that.
I must sit and read through the additive thread and have a real play.
Can I just ask, another geek mentioned putting gold vip over the top, how would you do this?

I topcoat over my additives, would you just use GOLD VIP and then topcoat? I have to use a fair bit of topcoat so as not to drag the pigments......?

:D

Thanks ladies

Latest posts

Back