New starter brows/lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andi the Newbie

Reaction score
Hi can I ask anybody willing to give their opinion on training courses? I'm looking at both sally salon services and beauty academy, I'm more inclined to go with sally salon services (marvel brow and lash) however the dates are really poor in my area with a two month gap the beauty academy have better dates locally but I've never heard of them and they don't seem to use a brand e.g. Like marvel lash etc Does anybody have any experiences with these training suppliers or any alternative advice for somebody completely new to this? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Yes I did marvel lashes a few years ago with sallys. Please don't waste your money It was so basic and the products especially the glue are naff! Why don't you look in your area see if any salons do any training? I know a lot of people rate flirties? Think they're Manchester based if I'm wrong? Xx

Hi can I ask anybody willing to give their opinion on training courses? I'm looking at both sally salon services and beauty academy, I'm more inclined to go with sally salon services (marvel brow and lash)...

Have you already got a minimum of NVQ2 (or equivalent) in Beauty? That's the best place to start rather than 1 day wonder courses. As more local authorities are bringing in licensing regulations requiring a minimum standard of qualification, you could find yourself unable to work after building up a clientele, and that would be a shame.

Hi, I am Essex based and went to a lash centre in Luton, I don't think it was that great, they showed you how to do a few lashes and that was it, we had 1.5 hours to train but felt left on my own, we were briefly taught what size lash to place where, but feel un-confident. Is this just lack of practice?

Also, has anyone been to Hall of Ivy for lash training for beginners.

Latest posts

Back