New tanning services!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddybear27x

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am thinking of introducing spray tanning in my salon (fake bake if anyone's used it let me know your thoughts) I have heard a few stories saying how the tan will ruin my floor and I shouldn't do it, it would be in a room which also gets used for facials, lashes etc so I'm in two minds
Can anyone else advise if they have this problem? Obviously I will be tanning in a tent/booth and everything will be cleaned after but can rooms get a bit grubby over time from the tan?
Thanks everyone!

You will have to be careful in regards to overspray and having your machine set right.

I'm having a blank as to what it's called but you can have an extra machine to help with this.

I don't notice it on the floor but if my tan is set too high I start to get a fine layer of tan on my surfaces, etc. I only notice it when I clean them.

I have a spray tan area with a big mat on the floor x

its an extractor fan for the back of the tent or front which sucks in the extra tan, i dont know anyone who uses one though and they can be pretty pricey depending on which one you get x

Fake bake is great but I found it didn't last as long as because it's one colour fits all sometimes clients were not getting the result they wanted. I have found the tan solutions where you are matching up the % to your client seem to work better and last longer. That being said the fake bake darker solution for clients who want a darker tan works wonders. In terms of ruining your floor as long as your lifting the tent up and wiping it each day I can't see why it would stain it. Do yo have good ventilation in the room ? An extractor fan will also help but would have thought the most effective way would be wipe the floor at the end of the day? Xx

Hi everyone!

I am thinking of introducing spray tanning in my salon (fake bake if anyone's used it let me know your thoughts) I have heard a few stories saying how the tan will ruin my floor and I shouldn't do it, it would be in a room which also gets used for facials, lashes etc so I'm in two minds
Can anyone else advise if they have this problem? Obviously I will be tanning in a tent/booth and everything will be cleaned after but can rooms get a bit grubby over time from the tan?
Thanks everyone!

Hiya

Try Laurens way they have a few shades and also a fast developing tan which you dont have to sleep in x

Have you looked at Sienna x gives a lovely looking tan and they to have an intensity tan which you can shower with after an hour! Love it!

Latest posts

Back