New tanning systems/spray gun equipment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are maxi mist good? I'm still looking for a gun and tent X

We tried the smallest one they offer (lite plus) for our tanning room in the office before we took them on and did 5 people back to back and it sprayed brilliantly. I still need to try the big one that they do (pro tnt) but after researching new products and equipment to stock this year this brand came out a winner with other salon geek reviews and website reviews. We stock tanning essentials machines as well, their tents and extraction units are great but we had so many problems with their spray guns unfortunately. If you would like a free quote or some more information sending in the post just drop me a personal message and I'll be happy to help where I can. :)

I have used the Exposed Spray tan and although it is thicker it was fine to use with my Glam Machine. I just kept the setting on the gun lower than with Sunescape or Moroccan Tan. I find though that the guide colour is quite light and you need a well lit room to apply the tan in. Beautiful when finished as you don't look as if you've had a tan just a golden glow after application and it develops into a very natural colour.

The above post is a reply to Patina on this thread

We trained with tanning essentials pro & it's a nice looking unit but the poor reviews on the gun really put me off, it would be so embarrassing if it broke down halfway through a tan.

I bought a maximist off Suntana, £85 delivered with 1.25l of tan and 250ml gun cleaner. It was ex-demo with a 10% off new customer code. The tanning essentials was over £200!.

After having so many problems with my tanning essentials rapid guns (I think I'm now on my fourth one) I decided to buy a maximist lite plus based on all the positive reviews on here. It arrived today and I did a quick spray on my legs before leaving the salon tonight. So far I'm very impressed. The rapid machine looks impressive but totally not worth the money and hassle it gave me.

Hi. Hope you got your machine sorted out. As Ash said the HVLP machines are the ones to go for and there are some great packages out there.
You need a reliable machine. Happy Spraying....

I have 2 maximist machines, the light plus which i've had 2 year its small and i use for mobile and the helia 2.0 which is a bigger machine and can handle 40+ tans a day which i use for parties and my work during the day. I've never had a problem with either, i love them both although i prefer the gun on the light +. I had a tanning essentials rapid and hated it went through 4 guns in 3 month and ended up getting rid. TS20 is also a good little machine LA Tan normaly have deals on it xx

I don't know why people say you can't use the small machine for lots of people in one day... who even uses big machines anymore.

I don't know why people say you can't use the small machine for lots of people in one day... who even uses big machines anymore.
With the small ones you can do a lot in one day, but not alot back to back. You need to give a bit time in between each tan for the machine to cool down or the motor will burn out. It depends how many tans you do. I do alot of back to back tans during the day so i bought a machine that could handle the work load. And i use my small one mobile as its tiny and really light to carry and has time to cool down when im going from one appointment to another xx

With the small ones you can do a lot in one day, but not alot back to back. You need to give a bit time in between each tan for the machine to cool down or the motor will burn out. It depends how many tans you do. I do alot of back to back tans during the day so i bought a machine that could handle the work load. And i use my small one mobile as its tiny and really light to carry and has time to cool down when im going from one appointment to another xx
When I was originally buying a small machine, the girl in the wholesale said to me it's for personal use only. I felt like telling her where to go.
So pushy sales people, trying to sell me something dear.

When I was originally buying a small machine, the girl in the wholesale said to me it's for personal use only. I felt like telling her where to go.
So pushy sales people, trying to sell me something dear.
I wouldn't say they were for personal use, that is being pushy. Why would professionals buy them ? The bigger machines just have bigger motors, but if not doing alot of back to back tans then its pointless and is just a waste of money. I just wish my little machine was as quiet as my big machine xx

I wouldn't say they were for personal use, that is being pushy. Why would professionals buy them ? The bigger machines just have bigger motors, but if not doing alot of back to back tans then its pointless and is just a waste of money. I just wish my little machine was as quiet as my big machine xx

I know but apart from spraying who wants to carry around a big MF Hoover to people's homes! I just bought it anyway and it fits in the car and is really small and does all the tans I need...

Maximist all day X

I've just bought a maxi mist after lots of problems with my tanning essentials machine. I love my maxi mist! I wish I'd got rid of the tanning essentials sooner!

Hi, just after a bit of advice. I've had nothing but problems with my Maximist lite plus. It just stops spraying when I'm nearly at the end of a tan. I clean it regularly and it's really knocking my confidence. Just stops spraying and I can't finish my tans. Happened last night on my First Lady that I tanned. So embarrassing. Now Feel like she won't use me again

Hi, just after a bit of advice. I've had nothing but problems with my Maximist lite plus. It just stops spraying when I'm nearly at the end of a tan. I clean it regularly and it's really knocking my confidence. Just stops spraying and I can't finish my tans. Happened last night on my First Lady that I tanned. So embarrassing. Now Feel like she won't use me again
Is it not your solution flow dial being knocked and turning itself down xx

Hi, no ive checked and it's in the same position. I put a bit of nail polish on my dial so I know my usual setting and it was still in place. Started to happen all the time, when you pull the trigger it normally makes a click sound doesn't it? It doesn't click and nothing comes out

Hi, no ive checked and it's in the same position. I put a bit of nail polish on my dial so I know my usual setting and it was still in place. Started to happen all the time, when you pull the trigger it normally makes a click sound doesn't it? It doesn't click and nothing comes out
Screw off the ring on the front, and see if there is a gap inbetween the nozzle and the gun. If there is hold your trigger in and push this back to close the gap. Keep the trigger pushed in and screw the ring back on. Then see if it makes the clicking noise again xx

Latest posts

Back