Newbie needing advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyS

Reaction score
Hi to all you geeks out there.
I'm hoping someone can offer me some help on the Brisa Gel.
I have been using CND L&P for nearly 3 years now and absolutely love it, but I do miss out on alot of clients asking for gel. So, a couple of weeks ago I bought the prof kit when it was on special offer from CND. And since then it has been sat in a corner staring at me!
I have just watched the video and it looks fairly simple to use - training will be booked for the very near future.
The thing I'm a bit hazy with is the gel paint - can I use this on a natural nail ie- for a pedicure or to finish off a manicure as a more lasting finish or does it need layers of gel under it.
Sorry if I sound a bit thick!!!
Hope you can help,
Ashley. x

i would leave it until you ahve done your training hun, espcially if you have never done any gel training previously.

. i am a bit of a chicken with a new product and get i then sit staring at it lol.

Hi......I agree with Scattyfox to wait until you have trained as regards a full set of nails...
but if you do a search on here for Brisa toes...there was a lot of good advice given on several threads.....mainly by Nailstyle about a French overlay on toes using the Brisa gel paint...I had been doing a full overlay as I would for fingernails...but Nailstyle and a few others said they just prep as normal, use the liquid bond (which air dries) then use the white gel paint for your french mani look....cure 2 mins......then finishing gloss & cure 2 mins!! Voila! a chiproof smudgeproof french mani on toes............if you want to experiment with the gel you could always put a layer of clear gel on before the white gel paint.....just to get a feel for the product..... HTH

Thanks Isabel, just what I was hoping for. Want a chip proof pedi for myself!! Will definately wait for training for the gel bit though. Ashley. x

Shame your not me Ashley i would get you to do me one as well lol
x

i'll do you one Saturday hun x

Latest posts

Back