Newbie seeking help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
Hi, just found this fantastic site last night. I am currently studying Gel nails at college but because of my other course if gel is applied it must come off in time for my classes 3 days later. We are using NSI products and they haven't got a product which will take the gel off they have advised buffing. This is obviously causing me too much time.

Can anyone advise if there is another product that may remove the gels quicker? I thought Calaway might but they will only sell it to people with thier kits I believe.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Martigirl

There are two main types of gel. Porous and non porous.
Bio sculpture is a porous gel example, and can be removed by soaking in remover.

Brisa (creative) is an example of high quality non porous gel system. I assume that NSI is also in this catagory. These gels do not "soak off" they do require buffing down.
(remover will work, but you best not make any plans for the rest of the week...)

hiya and welcome,

it may only be a buff of gel, (sorry i dont use nsi) castaway is for calgel i think and that is a soak of gel so i dont think it will work with nsi, i think buffing is your only answer here but i may be wrong.

enjoy your course xxx

Thank you so much Envy for replying so quickly, I'll go and get larger buffer stocks then.

Thanks again

Thanks Amberrose too, and thanks for the welcome. Can't believe such a friendly site exists which such quick replies looking forward to loads more information to help me.

Thanks again

hi

welcome to geekworld

i have used nsi gel and it is definately a buff off gel

Hi and welcome

I use Bio Sculpture gels, which soak off.

I used to use NSI gels, but converted because I prefer a soak off system, although I am sure the buff off systems are harder wearing.

Latest posts

Back