Newly qualified - advice from therapists or salon owners please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi There i an a level 2 qualified beauty therapist. I qualified June 2016 and am now studying level 3 and qualify in June this year. I am starting to look into jobs etc but a lot of positions require someone with a number of years experience. Obviously I am unable to gain experience without being offered an opportunity if that makes sense. Jus wondering if anyone could give me any advise like newly qualified therapist who managed to get a break and also any salon owners opinions on taking on newly qualified staff. I am struggling with confidence which I think is holding me back but have had great feedback from client inside and outside of college on my treatments. Also do you think a salon may take on someone to gain experience and progress within the salon rather than being thrown in the deep end. Thanks for any advise anyone can offer. X

We asked for experienced and the quality of applicants we had was awful. We're now looking for another therapist, but whether experienced or not, we would consider anyone. I interview so called experienced therapists who can't even paint nails.

Keep at it. As has been suggested, send out a cv with a bit about yourself and your details. You never know.

Good luck
Vic x

I had a similar situation and i was older so employers were totally put off. so i agreed with a salon owner that i would work for free on a Saturday on the understanding she gave me a job once i proved myself and in 6 months was running a busy column x

Latest posts

Back