Newly qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abeautyamy

Reaction score
I'm newly qualified in Gel Nails.

THERE ARE SO MANY REVIEWS ABOUT BLUESKY I'M STUCK...

For years I have been doing them on myself and friends and family and had purchased a range of colours (40 colours) bluesky brand (a few Ellite99 - 2 different bottle styles). I thought I had brought the genuine gellish starter set (ph, top, base and nourish) - however once doing my training I realised I had really been wasting my money on fakes (they looked so similar!)

After my course I was made aware that the polish I was using and the top and base coats needs to be in the same brand or they may react against each other. Since completing my course I have purchased the bluesky top and base coat. (Have as yet used them together). When using different colour to base and top coat the gel would last around 1-2 weeks before starting to chip or getting bored of the colour!

Anyway my question is as I have around 40 colours in lower class brand and quite clearly poor reviews.. Would you save up and use gellish harmony etc? Or keep with what I've got??

Whats everyones opinion?

Last edited:
I have never used Bluesky, but if it works for you and your clients then why change? You could take on a second brand alongside Bluesky. I use CND Shellac and Ink London ILac which is a cheaper alternative to Shellac, but also a very good brand and lasting well. Have a look at a few companies, talk to their Reps and get some samples or get the Reps to come out to you to show you their products. Cuccio Veneer is also a very good brand, great support and fab colour choice.

I would just chuck them. It's part and parcel of the learning curve.
We all have made mistakes with products in our lives, but I wouldn't use that brand if you paid me.
I had my nails done in some salon near Ilfracombe and they used supposedly NSI then she used blue sky and it chipped and didn't last and buggered up my natural nails so badly.

Any more advise?

I'm trying a blue sky for a client tonight with blue sky foundation and top coat.
And looking into purchasing gellux?? Any views?

Any more advise?

I'm trying a blue sky for a client tonight with blue sky foundation and top coat.
And looking into purchasing gellux?? Any views?
Hi I qualified in gel polish and I trained with gelish and I do love the brand and will continue to use .
But I also admit I brought a couple of bluesky just to try and because they are cheaper price . And I can honestly say they have been fine a few of my clients love it and ask for the brand . Their nails are in excellent condition and last 2 weeks . So I just have a couple next to my gelish

Latest posts

Back