Newly trained needing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarpops99

Reaction score
Hi there
This is my first visit to the nailgeek and I am hooked!! I have just done the foundation enchancement course with creative nail design in Aberdeen. I am eager and keen to improve on my newly found and enjoyable skill. I am hoping that a salon would take me on for one or two days a week to allow me to improve my knowledge and confidence. However not been easy so far. Any tips on how I can gain further experience?? I cant afford to leave my current job at the moment nor spend more money doing training right now?? Look forward to all the masses of advice. Thanks

I too have just passed and I practice, practice and practice on anyone that will let me. I do not have the confidence yet to go it alone so I also signed up with a temp agency to tide me over financially.

Congratulation and good luck with your future

Gina

You can always put an ad in your local newsagent. Offering extensions for half the normal price, this will hopefully give you a good clientle and heaps of practise. Good luck babes x

and dont forget you can practice, practice, practice on nail tips...try all sorts of things

sugarpops99 said:
Hi there
This is my first visit to the nailgeek and I am hooked!! I have just done the foundation enchancement course with creative nail design in Aberdeen. I am eager and keen to improve on my newly found and enjoyable skill. I am hoping that a salon would take me on for one or two days a week to allow me to improve my knowledge and confidence. However not been easy so far. Any tips on how I can gain further experience?? I cant afford to leave my current job at the moment nor spend more money doing training right now?? Look forward to all the masses of advice. Thanks

I have the 5th day of my l & p course this week. I have already practised on my mum and mother in law and have a couple of people paying half price so they get cheap nails and I get some practise!! I'm going to post some flyers through doors to see if I can get a couple more. It's worth a try. They may even turn into full paying customers in a couple of months. Christmas is bound to be a good time as everyone wants nice nails for parties. You'll have lots of friends to practise on then!!

Kate

Latest posts

Back