Newsletter Success

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunSpray

Reaction score
Hi All,

After reading lots of threads on here about keeping in touch with regular, semi-regular and the never-have-returned clients, and after bothering a couple of peeps with private messages, I finally emailed my newsletter to my email-database about half an hour ago.

A client responded almost immediately with not one, not two, but SEVEN bookings (for herself, her friend and daughter over 3 dates), including my first "pre-Royal Ascot tans" bookings.

Just wanted to say a continued thanks for all the great advice that's posted on this site. I certainly wouldn't have put the newsletter together without all the tips I've read.

xx

I send regular e-mail newsletters (every 2 months, sometimes more often), and it certainly yields results. People often e-mail me back just to say how good they thought it was! Glad it has repaid the effort expended!

Glad it has repaid the effort expended!

And it WAS quite an effort!!! It's taken me a week to put together, then hours trying to incorporate an MS Word document into the body of an email without it going wonky!!! But like you say, it's well worth it already and at least I've got all the layout ready for next time. Just hope I've got enough "news" for a Next Time!!! xx

You ought to try it with Publisher - it has e-mail newsletter templates & you can use mail-merge to send the newsletter as a message rather than an attachment really easily! I tend to have a treatment & product promotion every 2 months, along with seasonal hints/tips.

Well done, I never got around to doing mine but have held a monthly ladies evening which have generated a good few bookings. I really want to start sending them out so if you have any tips pls post.

Aw, I looked into buying Publisher a couple of years ago but it was a fortune! I have a friend looking into linking MS Word with Outlook for me, so hopefully it'll work better next time.

Red Admiral - I only do mobile spray tanning, which makes it all the more difficult to fill an A4 page with "news". However, I managed it by including a Happy Easter message, an announcement of Fake Bake's award at the Professional Beauty event, my new offering of Tantrick's 5% for the very fair-skinned, a Royal Ascot Week/Bookings Now Being Taken "advert", a School Prom Night/Bookings Now Being Taken "advert", two client reviews, plus my spray tan, party and product prices at the bottom. It's not fabulous, but not bad either, methinks xx

I bought MS Office with Publisher (the 2003 version) from Amazon for £25! Bargain!

That certainly is a bargain - last time I looked it was a couple of £hundred (2 or 3 years ago admittedly) x

Great news well done:hug:

Publisher 2003 is a lot cheaper now as there's a new 2007 edition & to be honest there's very little difference between them. For my £25 I got the whole Office package (Word, Excel, Publisher etc etc)! If you type Microsoft Office 2003 in Google a list of "shopping results" appears, click on these & you can pick it up for £20 upwards. If you're unsure you can download a free three month trial of Publisher 2007 from Microsoft's home page - it makes designing leaflets, newsletters, e-mails, price lists, brochures, business cards etc so much easier!

Thanks Martin, I'll do that x

Well done you!

I used to send emails out to clients but without pictures in them, looked boring. If I attached them - most clients weren't bothering to open them.

As I told you by pm, I subscribe to an email service, I send out at least one email a month and the email gets sent individually so that you don't see loads of email addresses in the address bar.

I've just sent out my Easter one, it offers guilt-free chocolate which is a chocolate massage, chocolate wrap and chocolate facial.

A touch of Hawaii - a back massage using Hawaiian techniques

Deep tissue massage - available from April

Eastern fusion - thai foot massage with Oriental face massage

Crystal tranquility - a head, neck, face and hand massage using crystal wands.

i actually used the same email as I sent out in january but rehashed the text, the offers, etc, but used the same pictures and layout. It took me under 20 minutes to type and 2 seconds to send.

I usually get half a dozen clients taking me up on the offers, but a lot more asking what next months offers are going to be.

Not everyone gets the emails, some of them bounce back, so I send them through my own email address.

You can also send e-mails with pictures & without others seeing the addresses in Publisher. In 2003 you have to put the addresses in the BCC bar so no-one else sees them (I think it's called blind copying), but in 2007 there is a function for sending them as individual messages.

Well done you!

I used to send emails out to clients but without pictures in them, looked boring. If I attached them - most clients weren't bothering to open them.

As I told you by pm, I subscribe to an email service, I send out at least one email a month and the email gets sent individually so that you don't see loads of email addresses in the address bar.

I've just sent out my Easter one, it offers guilt-free chocolate which is a chocolate massage, chocolate wrap and chocolate facial.

A touch of Hawaii - a back massage using Hawaiian techniques

Deep tissue massage - available from April

Eastern fusion - thai foot massage with Oriental face massage

Crystal tranquility - a head, neck, face and hand massage using crystal wands.

i actually used the same email as I sent out in january but rehashed the text, the offers, etc, but used the same pictures and layout. It took me under 20 minutes to type and 2 seconds to send.

I usually get half a dozen clients taking me up on the offers, but a lot more asking what next months offers are going to be.

Not everyone gets the emails, some of them bounce back, so I send them through my own email address.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Hippy Chick, thanks for the info the other day and your newsletter looks great. As this was my first one I thought I'd give it a go myself. I managed to get it looking fine in the body of the email, I didn't have to add an attachment, and I covered up everyone's email addresses by using Bcc. Now got 10 bookings in response to the newsletter - grand advice from all, thanks xx
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

wow thats good, what exactly do you write in the newsletters, ive been thinking of doing them for ages but never got round to writing one, because I just dont know where to start!

tina

wow thats good, what exactly do you write in the newsletters, ive been thinking of doing them for ages but never got round to writing one, because I just dont know where to start!

tina

Typically I do about four a year at the beginning of each season, normally co-inciding with launches of new products, Jessica polish collections etc. For example, this month I have a bit on GELeration (with a click on link that takes them to the page on my website for further information), a bit on the new Decleor body massage (Madagascan Escape) that I'm about to launch, a bit about new extended hours, a bit on two new limited edition Decleor skin-care sets that are now in stock & a special offer. I try to change the special offer to make it seasonal, so skin brightening facials in January, leg treatments pre-summer etc etc.

It's also worth putting in some hints & tips. For example, every January Decleor normally do giant sized cleansers & toners on special offer, so when putting it in the newsletter I write a little about the importance of cleansing & toning, as well as application hints & tips for the client to get the most out of their product. Hope this helps!!

Keep an eye out for local business groups / Business Link doing free emarketing workshops and seminars. There really is an art to it (and making sure you don't end up in someone's junk folder!) so while a free seminar might not make you an expert, it will give you an idea of the dos and don'ts.

I think Ruth is rolling out an email marketing package at the moment- which I think's going to be very good.

Email Marketing can be very effective (it's all I used to do in a former life), but please make sure people have opted in to getting emails from you. It only takes one "fussy" person and you could find yourself in trouble.

Latest posts

Back