no contract - law?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
Hi I have been working in a spa for just over 2 months and still have no contract, ive asked for it twice as have the other girl who joined with me

all we get is a yes il get that done , come and find me when uve got a min to sign it - which we dont with back to back treatments!

so is the only answer to this to try and do this after work using my unpaid time?

xx

Hi I have been working in a spa for just over 2 months and still have no contract, ive asked for it twice as have the other girl who joined with me

all we get is a yes il get that done , come and find me when uve got a min to sign it - which we dont with back to back treatments!

so is the only answer to this to try and do this after work using my unpaid time?

xx

Employers have a legal obligation to provide a contract of employment as you have a right to have one.

If your current employer is avoiding the subject...ask them once again but firmly..if no response within 7 days put a formal request into them in writing.
HTH :hug:

I'd have thought that ideally you want to have a copy of your contract & take it home to read through before signing.

Hi

You need a contract! A contract covers you and your employer on all sorts of aspects! You need to read through it thoroughly and make sure its suits you both! You really must have a contract, its so important!

Hope this helps? xxxxxx

i had this with my last job.. i started and normally you get the contract when you start and i didnt..
a week went by and my boss didnt say anything.. i waited for a few days and mentioned it to my supervisor she said she would do it that week.. i was told this for about 3/4 weeks after that..

it makes you feel really uneasy and insecure well i did anyway...:irked:

in the end it got around 2 months and i ended up pretending i really needed it for child tax credit purposes as proof of employment and needed it that week... and i got it that way:eek:
otherwise i dont know how long it would have taken

Latest posts

Back