No shine top coat with glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pemby

Reaction score
Help please! If I do a CND polish with CND top coat I get a shine. But if I do glitter or holograph, I don't get shine. Can anyone shed any light in this ? Thanks

Your obviously top coating after glitter/holiday application & thoroughly wiping the inhibition layer away!?

Ok thank you for your response. How do I top coat without wiping the top coat away on a CND top coat? I've tried a non- wipe tops coat but it looks dull afterwards.

Perhaps just try applying a clear nail polish topcoat over your actual cnd topcoat. I found this idea works on my chrome nails.
Not sure on cnd but I assume principal is the same ,

Meaning cnd topcoat , cure, apply polish let it dry (so no wiping inhibition layer)

Meaning cnd topcoat , cure, apply polish let it dry (so no wiping inhibition layer)
So a regular top coat nail polish that isn't UV?

Yes , so apply it after you applied your cnd uv topcoat. It works for Calgel and other products I have tried for glitters

Yes , so apply it after you applied your cnd uv topcoat. It works for Calgel and other products I have tried for glitters

NailPod the OP is using normal polish not UV cured.

Help please! If I do a CND polish with CND top coat I get a shine. But if I do glitter or holograph, I don't get shine. Can anyone shed any light in this ? Thanks

Glitter sucks up all the top coat, it seems to absorb it. I always double top coat with CND Vinylux, if the client isn't in a hurry I will apply 3 layers of topcoat, if they want to leave I suggest applying another top coat at home later or the next day.

Its just one of those things with normal polish and glitter

Yes trinity I know I am just suggesting this method as it has worked for some of my mirror nails which go dull wiping inhibition layer off , however your idea might also work ; to do two coats then wiping . Must give that a go too! Tx xx

Yes trinity I know I am just suggesting this method as it has worked for some of my mirror nails which go dull wiping inhibition layer off , however your idea might also work ; to do two coats then wiping . Must give that a go too! Tx xx

But there isn't an inhibition layer to wipe of normal top coat?????

Exactly correct yes.
You not understanding me properly

Apply cnd or any gel polish top coat then instead of wiping the inhibition layer off leave it on and apply normal polish over the normal polish drying will solve the problem.
We use this method and it works for gels .

Exactly correct yes.
You not understanding me properly

Apply cnd or any gel polish top coat then instead of wiping the inhibition layer off leave it on and apply normal polish over the normal polish drying will solve the problem.
We use this method and it works for gels .

Gel polish top coat over normal polish is not recommended, the normal polish need to release it's vapours so potentially you will experience product breakdown.

Also why put Gel Polish over normal polish??? If you're going to use a Gel Polish top coat just use the full Gel Polish system, (I'm making assumptions but) the client wants normal polish not Gel Polish.

I think you totally mis understood what I am saying and since this conversation is going no where fast I going to rather politely end this convo.
Have a good evening

If I have a client that wants some glitter over a normal polish e.g Vinylux, I complete the normal polish first (colour x 2 + top coat) let it dry for a couple of minutes, then apply one of the Orly FX glitter polishes over the top. This dries to a hard shine.

Perhaps you'd find this easier? Great for kids manicures too!

Latest posts

Back