no shows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**DanNy**

Reaction score
Argh im so frustrated right now.
Almost two weeks ago now i did a 15yr old girl a french full set. I asked her when i was done was everything alryt, did she want me 2 change or add something etc.. & she said she loved them. The next day i get a phone call from her saying ( well she was speaking to one of the other staff ) that all her nails had come off & that all she had left was glue on there. I couldnt beleive this! It has not happened to me before and even when i do soak offs its a hard time trying to get them off a couple months later let alone the next day. She booked in for an apppointment two days later, i thought i would be kind & go in on my day off. She didnt show up at all! I waited 3hours just to be safe cause there was alot of traffic coming from where she lived. Three days later get a phone call " im sorry i missed my appointment i stayed at my frieds house and didnt wake up " So i said thats alright do you want to book in again ? So she had another appointment in for the next day ( again my day off ) & AGAIN no show! That afternoon i get a call from her mum abusing me saying she saw them fall of in the car 30mins after se left the shop!:suprised: So her mum says " oh & she couldnt com in today cause we had xmas shopping but i would like her same time next week " I say thats fine, please make sure she turns up cause ive come in on my days off for the last week & im turning people away waiting for her. Today what happens NO SHOW AGAIN! after her mum making such big deal about it but oh wait! another call " im sorry i didnt show for my appointment i had to work " AT NO TIME HAS SHE CALLED TO CANCEL!
Another worker took the call & said you have one more chance otherwise i suggest you find another nail tech.

I also found out that she has all her nails on still, 1 has come off but its obvious she chipped it off.

Have you had this before? Should i give her one last shot or forget about her? I dont want an unreliable client but im so frustrated.. also i was doing the 2nd job for free so what is going on?? advice pls should i give her a chance?

Danny xo

sounds to me like she has had more than enough chances! have you ascertained why they suddenly 'come off'? she must be doing something to do this , or is she pulling a fast one as you did her a free set?????

I would forget about her she is costing you money as you could fit in other clients at the times she doesnt show. If she is the type of person who just doest care about other people and the fact that they too have other things to do and are not just sitting there waiting for her to turn up, then she will never change. Let her go and hassle another tech, you can do without clients like these. Anyway after 2 weeks if she doesnt get a rebalance/ infills done then they will ALL break off before long, but do NOT be tempted to have her back or think that this is your fault.

sounds to me like she has pretended they have come off so you will replace em for free and she keeps making new appointments hoping they have come off by then!

I think some people must think that they have nails applied and after so long they just 'fall off'!

I think she is seriously taking the p**s!

And as for one last chance...she would have had one chance with me and after that she wouldn't have got the time of day!

Give her one last shot? Are you mad????? Lol, seriously, do you not think she's had enough 'last shots' already?

She doesn't sound like the sort of person you'd actually *want* as a client so if I were you I'd be mysteriously busy every time she calls for an appointment. Let her go off and bugger someone else around - I'm sure you don't need the hassle!

After all those No Shows, I would not even take a call from her let alone give her another chance. you have wasted valuable time on such a silly girl, give her a miss and enjoy your days off instead.
xxxx:p

**DanNy** said:
Argh im so frustrated right now.
Almost two weeks ago now i did a 15yr old girl a french full set. I asked her when i was done was everything alryt, did she want me 2 change or add something etc.. & she said she loved them. The next day i get a phone call from her saying ( well she was speaking to one of the other staff ) that all her nails had come off & that all she had left was glue on there. I couldnt beleive this! It has not happened to me before and even when i do soak offs its a hard time trying to get them off a couple months later let alone the next day. She booked in for an apppointment two days later, i thought i would be kind & go in on my day off. She didnt show up at all! I waited 3hours just to be safe cause there was alot of traffic coming from where she lived. Three days later get a phone call " im sorry i missed my appointment i stayed at my frieds house and didnt wake up " So i said thats alright do you want to book in again ? So she had another appointment in for the next day ( again my day off ) & AGAIN no show! That afternoon i get a call from her mum abusing me saying she saw them fall of in the car 30mins after se left the shop!:suprised: So her mum says " oh & she couldnt com in today cause we had xmas shopping but i would like her same time next week " I say thats fine, please make sure she turns up cause ive come in on my days off for the last week & im turning people away waiting for her. Today what happens NO SHOW AGAIN! after her mum making such big deal about it but oh wait! another call " im sorry i didnt show for my appointment i had to work " AT NO TIME HAS SHE CALLED TO CANCEL!
Another worker took the call & said you have one more chance otherwise i suggest you find another nail tech.

I also found out that she has all her nails on still, 1 has come off but its obvious she chipped it off.

Have you had this before? Should i give her one last shot or forget about her? I dont want an unreliable client but im so frustrated.. also i was doing the 2nd job for free so what is going on?? advice pls should i give her a chance?

Danny xo

Sounds to me like you've given her enough chances I'd tell her to go else where but in a more professinal way

I think that I have to abide by the "shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice" philosophy. You've given this girl plenty of chances... if she wants her nails done again, I'd suggest going to another tech. You've gone out of your way to be accommodating.

You've given this girl plenty of chances Danny, and your days off are there for a reason.

She appears to be a complete time-waster who has no regard for others. If I were you, I wouldnt give her another chance.

Go and enjoy your days off! :D

Who's running this show.............you or her? It's time to be assertive here and refuse to have anything to do with her again. Don't be intimidated by the mother, they're just trying a very unusual scam of getting a new set done for nothing by pretending they've come off, but delaying the appointment to get good use out of them. How low can you go?

Hi there **DanNy**

Getting warm up the on the Coast.???

Unfortunatly around School Formal Season & holidays this will happen a little more than usual. At 15 the most I think you can hope for is they have them on for the holidays usually tapering off when school returns, 9 times out of 10 tho its a one off at that age,as it's mum usually that pays for the upkeep.. maybe!!!...lol...

Im not sure if your working for yourself or for the salon??
But IMO a day off is a day off...Unless you have another 2 -3 clients that you can fill some time with to make it worth your while, a walk in if you are available? But not for one client.

Have faith in your work - A wonderful holiday break - & Stress less.

XX J XX

Thanks heaps for yuor input girls! xo
She came in today ( if this was me i would atleast ;eave it a week or 2, she must think i am absolutly stupid! ) She said things came up so she couldnt make her appointment so i just told her in a polite way that i wouldnt be doing her nails anymore, Ive come in on my only days off for the past week or two now, ive lost money cause i have waited for her. I told her there was a place down the road that would do them but i suggest you show upto your appointments if you want to keep a nail tech & not lie about the state of your nails cause from looking at them now i can tell you have picked them off.
Quite happy with myself that i didnt give into to her winge story!

Danny xo

Paula Pace said:
I am very cautious of doing nails on anyone under 18, they tell lies and are a very unreliable source of business (not all of them I hasten to add but the vast majority). When someone treats them to a set of nails, its not their hard earned cash thats paid for them, so as they are so fasinated by these new nails they dont leave them alone resulting in picked off nails, then they tell their parents that they just dropped off, resulting in their parents giving us a hard time, and spreading the word that "the nails just fell off from that salon (its happened too often to me so I finally called time on them). Oh and that is a new one in my book of crap excuses "I saw them fall off in the car 30 mins after they were done. Shame on that parent...
in my experience the odd client who is thoughtless can be any age, all of my younger clients are very reliable plus they like to spend!

i agree she wants all to come off and then come for a free full set of nails thats why she is taking so long to call,i had a client for a wedding and she had her toes done a couple of weeks after her friend my client told me her friends tip came off the next day after the wedding.i asked why she did not call me and i was not given a reply.the client eventually came a month after and told me i have to repair her nails for free.i told her u have to pay me,if she had come in the same week to let me see the damage i would have repaired it.so do not worry u cannot please eveyone do your best in your work.:cool: Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

**DanNy** said:
Thanks heaps for yuor input girls! xo
She came in today ( if this was me i would atleast ;eave it a week or 2, she must think i am absolutly stupid! ) She said things came up so she couldnt make her appointment so i just told her in a polite way that i wouldnt be doing her nails anymore, Ive come in on my only days off for the past week or two now, ive lost money cause i have waited for her. I told her there was a place down the road that would do them but i suggest you show upto your appointments if you want to keep a nail tech & not lie about the state of your nails cause from looking at them now i can tell you have picked them off.
Quite happy with myself that i didnt give into to her winge story!

Danny xo
Well done you:D we get lots of youngsters at pulse and its nearly always the same line, nails 'fall of' and piercings 'fall out' all on their own. And another member of staff has always promised them a free b. :irked:Just as well its only a small number of them who are like that. or we'd all be doing nails from prison!

Some people really do have a cheek dont they I have learnt the hard way when a nice regular client of mine didnt bring her money with her and just before polishing her nails I asked would she like to pay and then she couldnt she said she would drop it round the next day and I had to keep chasing her up and didnt get the money for threee weeks till her next appointment.
This is even worse. State to her that you have a 24 hour cancelation policy and print it up to display in your salon. Tell her if she phones again tha you have a 24 hour cancelation policy and that if she books again and doesnt cancel in time or just doesnt turn up tha each time she will be sent a bill for the money she owes. How rude of her. I tink you should just tell he that you are fully booked and cannot fit her in if she asks or be straight with her and say that you dont think your work would have come off so quickly and that you are also unhappy that she has made so many appointments and not turned up that you are unable to do her nails unless she pays you the 25% cancelation charges. This will put her off phoning you again as she wont want to be billed this. I would get out of doing her nails she sounds like a pain in the ar**

xx

oops just read didnt realise you had replied and seen her glad you stuck up for yourself!!

Latest posts

Back