No smile line?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio Nail Tech

Reaction score
I'm speaking of occasional client with no natural "smile" and a poker-straight free edge. I know some of you have seen this and I wonder how you handle it...correct the nonexistant smile line or follow it just the same? Thanks!

Ohio Nail Tech said:
I'm speaking of occasional client with no natural "smile" and a poker-straight free edge. I know some of you have seen this and I wonder how you handle it...correct the nonexistant smile line or follow it just the same? Thanks!

Hi there this would be interesting to see.

I personally would mirror the shape of the epoynichium and if that too is very straight i would make it smile a little - may be just a tad of a smirk :) in this case...

This is also what i do if the smile line is very straight, this way it gives the whole enhancement a more asymetrical shape.

Excuse the spelling

Fab Freak said:
Hi there this would be interesting to see.

I personally would mirror the shape of the epoynichium and if that too is very straight i would make it smile a little - may be just a tad of a smirk :) in this case...

We're supposed to be enhancing the nails and making them look better so, yea, I'd add a little curve.

Unless the client specifically requests a straight smile line I would curve it. It looks much nicer IMO.

I personally hate straight smile lines, So would always create a curve.

I enhanced a poker straight smile line recently, only to be asked to remove it and make it straight again .... she thought it looked more natural :rolleyes:

My tendency would be to enhance but nothing extreme ... however I would always consult with the client for her opinion first and ask for her agreement to the treatment plan..

my smiles used to be not so smiles - but since i done a set on myself with quite deep smiles all my clients want them the "same as mine" even tho some of my clients would look rediculous with deep smiles due to small nail beds, they insist - which i feel doesnt do much for my rep. but if the client insists i still try my best to tell her that they would look false, i soon get them to my way of thinking, and 9 times out of 10 they are over the moon with the result

I wouldn't be able to help myself but to give the smile line a little touch up.......of corse you do have to make sure that it is what the client wants.

If they point blank refused to have a smile, you gotta go with them.
(But my god my fingers would be twitching!)

Thanks so much ladies for the advise. Looks like asking them is the best remedy!

Latest posts

Back