Not sure if I want to study beauty therapy or hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleighr123

Reaction score
Which career pathways may lead to the most success and what are the ups and downs to both career's?

What do you have more of a passion for?

Which career pathways may lead to the most success and what are the ups and downs to both career's?

How long is a piece of string?
Firstly, it depends on what you mean by success. Are you simply thinking in financial terms or general contentment with life?

Do you like working directly with the public? Are you prepared to work hard including virtually every Saturday? You can be highly successful in any career providing you have a vision, focus on your goals and put the effort in.

Maybe look for a Saturday job in a large hairdressers/beauty salon to get a better feel for what's involved?

Did you attend your recent College interview for a beauty course (as previously posted)? If so, how did you feel about the detailed content of the course?
Did the interview put you off beauty, hence why you are thinking now about hairdressing?

Maybe you should look at media make up courses which would have some hair and beauty (for stage/media) within the course?

My first college was both hair and beauty (compulsory), I absolutely loathed it. Maybe see if they do a similar hair and beauty combined course in your area/or somewhere you are willing to travel to. That way it will give you at least the first year doing both and by that time you should know how you feel.

Latest posts

Back