Nouveau Blink & Go lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonkers

Reaction score
does anyone have any info on the lashes that only take 20 mins. I saw a bit about them on the nouveau website and just wondered were they the same as the eyelash extensions? or are they strip lashes of some sort? would love to know more.

thank you

does anyone have any info on the lashes that only take 20 mins. I saw a bit about them on the nouveau website and just wondered were they the same as the eyelash extensions? or are they strip lashes of some sort? would love to know more.

thank you

I saw these as well Kelly - they have to got to be strip lashes I would have thought. I will be having a look at the manchester show - they are going to be on sale there!:)

Apparently they have to be removed afetr 2 weeks. Sounds like it must be flairs/strips:confused:

I saw them at Olympia, they are not strip or cluster lashes, they are like the mink lashes (sold on a strip) applied with non/low odour adhesive. They are an express lash treatment that can be carried out in a chair, the training is for two days and then return for a further speed training day, like everything you have to really practise to do them in 20 mins, the lashes are then removed 2/3 weeks later and a new set applied. This is my understanding of them!

I saw them at Olympia, they are not strip or cluster lashes, they are like the mink lashes (sold on a strip) applied with non/low odour adhesive. They are an express lash treatment that can be carried out in a chair, the training is for two days and then return for a further speed training day, like everything you have to really practise to do them in 20 mins, the lashes are then removed 2/3 weeks later and a new set applied. This is my understanding of them!

Ditto. And just to add, they are applied with the eye open, which would save time. The stand was fantastic, very tempting!

oh nooo i can see myself spending too much money at the manchester show maybe i should stay away and browse the internet, there is less temptation haha.

im not sure a client would be happy to pay much for 2-3 weeks but saying that they still come back for infils.

ooooh cant wait to see

I cannot wait to do my training. Getting more excited by the day. This is a new concept by the industry leader .. like PopIts are to nails ... I love leading the way.

With Lash & Go you are buying into the entire concept... not just the lash service.

You buy the package - chair, visuals, make up & stand etc. It is a lot of money (we are talking in the thousands). Nouveau are a fab company. If you have that kind of money to invest, then it would probably be money well spent....

thinks i will stick to the lash extensions as i know them i dont have thousand unfortunatly.

I will wait and get my information straight from the company ... always the best way.

I did exactly that Gigi. I spoke with Nilam about it and spent a lot of my time at Olympia watching and discussing the service. It is something that I would love to offer but am unable to at this time.
I was not trying to discourage others from looking into it themselves, first hand knowledge is always best.

I cannot wait to do my training. Getting more excited by the day. This is a new concept by the industry leader .. like PopIts are to nails ... I love leading the way.

Ooh Geeg.....I didn't realise that you were training to do these lashes with Nouveau........I thought it was the individual lashes. These sound amazing! I must look into having them done. xxx

Yes I spoke to Heidi Worman (at the back of the stand) it all looked good.

Su x

I had these done at the stand at Olympia on the Sunday.
They looked great for the first day but they kept waking me up poking me in the eyes as they were so stiff and as the lashes aren't separated when they fall out they come in clumps and are stiff attached to other lashes so just hang.
They've pulled quite a few of my lashes out and as no one does them I couldn't go to get them sorted.
I wouldn't have them again to be honest. I'd rather spend longer in the salon.

I even looked into these!!!! What a fantastic stand they had.

I'm going to research these further!

I had these done at the stand at Olympia on the Sunday.
They looked great for the first day but they kept waking me up poking me in the eyes as they were so stiff and as the lashes aren't separated when they fall out they come in clumps and are stiff attached to other lashes so just hang.
They've pulled quite a few of my lashes out and as no one does them I couldn't go to get them sorted.
I wouldn't have them again to be honest. I'd rather spend longer in the salon.

I have to say I watched the show at the show and was impressed and indeed mesmerized with the branding and all the razzamatazz of the presentation and it was lovely to see the wife of the radio 1 DJ get up on stage (she is my fave lady so that was a plus) and endorse the product big style.

In terms of quick fit beauty im not sure this is it :eek:

From a technical aspect im hardly surprised that given the application technique that Tammy has experienced the problems she has had.

A good company with good branding ,good concept ,good zing however as to the long term popularity and success of therapists "buying into the concept" is concerned I guess it will be very much a time will tell thing as to weather or not therapists can dig deep enough into their pockets or not..celebrity endorsements don't come cheap and it will be the therapists that will of course ultimately pay for this when they "buy" into it.

:hug:

I have to say I watched the show at the show and was impressed and indeed mesmerized with the branding and all the razzamatazz of the presentation and it was lovely to see the wife of the radio 1 DJ get up on stage (she is my fave lady so that was a plus) and endorse the product big style.

In terms of quick fit beauty im not sure this is it :eek:

From a technical aspect im hardly surprised that given the application technique that Tammy has experienced the problems she has had.

A good company with good branding ,good concept ,good zing however as to the long term popularity and success of therapists "buying into the concept" is concerned I guess it will be very much a time will tell thing as to weather or not therapists can dig deep enough into their pockets or not..celebrity endorsements don't come cheap and it will be the therapists that will of course ultimately pay for this when they "buy" into it.

:hug:

People said the same thing about PopIts ... and now more and more are adding them to their service menu no longer scared of them as competition but realising that is an alternative quick service as opposed to a longer totally hand made service.

People said the same thing about Minx .. another very quick affordable service that some feel is a threat to the products they sell for nail art. And yet the sales of Minx have been nothing short of phenominal, clients love them and technicians are loveing the extra business. As for celebrity endorsement ... not once has Minx paid for ANY celebrity endorsement ... the celebs did it all themselves .... the celeb endorsement Minx has had could never be affordable.

I'm sure many competitors will see the Blink & Go lashes as a threat but my guess is that for the odd person that maybe does not get on with them ... there will be thousands who find them a godsend and a great alternative. I'm sure good homecare is a must as with all things that are semi permanent and people do not always mention that, do they?

I certainly would not take one person's comment as the definitive critique of a product, any more than I would or did concerning PopIts or Minx... the negative folks have all been proved wrong or that they had an agenda of their own in trying to dis the product.

Last edited:
People said the same thing about PopIts ... and now more and more are adding them to their service menu no longer scared of them as competition but realising that is an alternative quick service as opposed to a longer totally hand made service.

People said the same thing about Minx .. another very quick affordable service that some feel is a threat to the products they sell for nail art. And yet the sales of Minx have been nothing short of phenominal, clients love them and technicians are loveing the extra business. As for celebrity endorsement ... not once has Minx paid for ANY celebrity endorsement ... the celebs did it all themselves .... the celeb endorsement Minx has had could never be affordable.

I'm sure many competitors will see the Blink & Go lashes as a threat but my guess is that for the odd person that maybe does not get on with them ... there will be thousands who find them a godsend and a great alternative. I'm sure good homecare is a must as with all things that are semi permanent and people do not always mention that, do they?

I certainly would not take one person's comment as the definitive critique of a product, any more than I would or did concerning PopIts or Minx... the negative folks have all been proved wrong or that they had an agenda of their own in trying to dis the product.

lol rest assure no hidden agendas as this is a professional forum after all and im sure no one is afraid...:rolleyes:

my view is simply one from a professional to other professionals on the subject matter....compliments (as you seemed to have missed them) as mentioned good company,concept etc etc :hug:

The big difference when comparing this application to one of nails...whichever brand or procedure....is that you don't stick the stuff on in one go to the entire hand..each finger is treated separately and if there is a problem with one post treatment it doesn't affect the others...in other words if one comes off the others don't necessarily follow.

I really don't see the relevance of the comparisons (when it comes to the technical aspects) constantly being made to nails :zzz:

lol rest assure no hidden agendas as this is a professional forum after all and im sure no one is afraid...:rolleyes:

my view is simply one from a professional to other professionals on the subject matter....compliments (as you seemed to have missed them) as mentioned good company,concept etc etc :hug:

The big difference when comparing this application to one of nails...whichever brand or procedure....is that you don't stick the stuff on in one go to the entire hand..each finger is treated separately and if there is a problem with one post treatment it doesn't affect the others...in other words if one comes off the others don't necessarily follow.

I really don't see the relevance of the comparisons (when it comes to the technical aspects) constantly being made to nails :zzz:

I think it is pretty clear for everyone else to see (as you seemed to have missed it) that my post was regarding the mistrust initially of rapid services ... not about nails :zzz:

People are always afraid of these new rapid services initially, instead of seeing them for what they are which is an alternative service not necessarily a 'take over' (as in the service taking over from other traditional methods).

If it makes anyone more comfortable and less bored with my input, I could site using paint rollers instead of paint brushes for decorating .......... I'm sure many professional decorators where against using them at first, prefering the more traditional methods ......... but they all use them now even though the traditional skills are still called for by people who need special effects etc. Room for both.

well i'm very interested and excited, in the blink and go lashes can't wait to get to the show to see these in action..i am keeping an open mind till i can get there. i have just got off the phone from nouvea and it all sounds good, i only do the clusters at the moment, and these seem the perfect solution to me, not everybody wants to pay 100 plus for semi permenent lashes, so the blink and go will appeal to a lot of people, it does seem expensive to get into these, but you are buying into the brand, you get a chair t shirts marketing etc etc, my poor credit card, well at least christmas is coming busy busy to pay it off.
will keep an eye on this post

Latest posts

Back