Nouveau Blink & Go lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they sounded like a great idea, i'm looking to train in lash extensions next.
I wouldn't train in something without giving them a test run myself though.

I think these could be really good - some of them we just like normal lash extensions but because when they are applied they are dropped onto the lashes - they hold the corner of your eye and fany out your lashes and drop them on - It doesn't always bond at the root area. I was being woken up by these ones bending and poking me in the eye.

As I said though - as i had them done at the show i couldn't go anywhere for aftercare and they would probably be more carefully applied in salon and not on a noisy stage.

I can definatly see them taking off - with anything - If it's effective, cheaper and quicker it's going to be popular.

It would definatly entice clients for normal lash ext. People will be drawn in by the speed and price of these, like the effect and then be convinced enough to pay more and spend more time.

Can some lash geeks go and have some done at the next show so we can get a professional opinion?

I have to say I watched the show at the show and was impressed and indeed mesmerized with the branding and all the razzamatazz of the presentation and it was lovely to see the wife of the radio 1 DJ get up on stage (she is my fave lady so that was a plus) and endorse the product big style.

In terms of quick fit beauty im not sure this is it :eek:

From a technical aspect im hardly surprised that given the application technique that Tammy has experienced the problems she has had.

A good company with good branding ,good concept ,good zing however as to the long term popularity and success of therapists "buying into the concept" is concerned I guess it will be very much a time will tell thing as to weather or not therapists can dig deep enough into their pockets or not..celebrity endorsements don't come cheap and it will be the therapists that will of course ultimately pay for this when they "buy" into it.

:hug:

You don't stop? possible you are a little green like the blink and go stand?.

I see from this thread you are not a fan? Surely Nouveau and their skilled team where lashing before wow even dreamed of it?

Originally Posted by geeg
Search for Nouveau LASH .... the best in the industry seem to use them. The famous Su Marsh and Ms Patel to name just a couple. As for price I don't know and really don't care ... I'm going with reputation and not necessarily what the masses use ...

Nova Lash is another one I looked into that appealed to me.

Nouveau, yes I would! I am not a big lasher, (but I am red hot!) its permanent makeup, but they are the more elite brand.

In the past, privately (not at a show or event) I have carried out the lashes on Jennie Frost, Sophie Anderton and many others......

There is no doubt they are the market leader.

Heidi Worman

Its a minefield out there..mine,theirs,yours and those that I endorse is what you will undoubtedly here...celebrity endorsement is one thing and generally driven by a fat pay check but best thing is to ring around all the possible companies you have selected thus far and get a feel for yourself as to how they are...get it down to a couple and maybe even go get some lashes fitted and then decide from there.

Best of luck :hug:

Yes a little green. Celebs it is then.....

Last edited by a moderator:

I see from this thread you are not a fan? Surely Nouveau and their skilled team where lashing before wow even dreamed of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeg
Search for Nouveau LASH .... the best in the industry seem to use them. The famous Su Marsh and Ms Patel to name just a couple. As for price I don't know and really don't care ... I'm going with reputation and not necessarily what the masses use ...

Nova Lash is another one I looked into that appealed to me.

LOL ...I happen to believe they are a very good brand and wish them the very best of luck with this concept ...

I do however fail to see the relevance of your quotes and personal jibes to this thread :rolleyes:

In terms of the success of this concept it will of course be the therapists themselves who ,having done their research into things,that will make the initial call as to weather they offer the treatment and it will of course then latterly be the consumer who will make the final decision as to weather they return for more or not...as is with anything new coming on to the market.

As already said...time will of course tell :hug:

Last edited:
So, am I understanding it correctly that the blink and go are a little similar to strip lashes? I assume that there is no lash isolation to do? Im loving the idea of a quick solution, although love doing my lash extensions! How do they differ from strip type lashes? Im excited now, LOVE new things!

it sounds great but as a mobile therapist i wont be buying into the concept of blink due to not needing the chair towels etc. I was very interested in them and will have a look at professional beauty, who knows i may even have them applied and see for myself, i have alot of clients that would love something quicker as they are busy and with blink you could go to them on their lunch hour but if it is only that you can buy into the whole concept then i feel as a mobile therapist its pointless.

Although will have a look myself. :)

LOL ...I happen to believe they are a very good brand and wish them the very best of luck with this concept ...

I do however fail to see the relevance of your quotes and personal jibes to this thread :rolleyes:

In terms of the success of this concept it will of course be the therapists themselves who ,having done their research into things,that will make the initial call as to weather they offer the treatment and it will of course then latterly be the consumer who will make the final decision as to weather they return for more or not...as is with anything new coming on to the market.

As already said...time will of course tell :hug:

LOL................
023.gif

Hi Geeks,

I spoke to a lady at the stand at olympia for these lashes and she said that they are in harrods and the like and want to stay quite exclusive so you do have to buy into the brand like a previous geek said, chair, uniform,training etc, you get the lot....but the cost would be around £xxxx.xx. You would learn to do the treatment in 20 mins and can charge about £30.00 for basic lashes on the top lashes.
The stand was amazing at Olympia and I would have loved to be an exclusive in my area but unfortunately my bank balance didn't agree:cry:.

Carol X

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have a picture of what they look like when theyre done ?

I need to see this for myself being a fellow 'lasher'

Just booked a treatment! Can't wait

xxx

the lashes sound great, but has Nouveau really come up with such an innovation way of applying strip lashes that they can charge so much for the training? I'm not slagging of nouveau - they are great - definatly brilliant at marketing!(which is what your payingfor) I do semi permanent eyelash extensions and am at the moment wanting to add a 'quick' lash service but dont think i need to pay that much for the things you get when surely most salon have chairs, towels albeit they wont have the 'blink and go' logo on but that doesnt bother me. Maybe if they had price dit better I would have been tempted, but at that price I would rarther put ina bit of hard work and reseach myself.
Kelly

so basically, are they a strip lash stuck on top of the natural lashes with a long term glue ?

I don't think they are strip lashes. The lashes might come from a strip, but they are not applied as a strip. I don't think.

They are individual lashes which come stuck to a strip instead of in a jar. (the lad who did mine hand these stuck to the back of his hand)
The glue is in a little pot in a ring on the finger and your eyes are open when they are being done. They are just dropped onto the lashes and not separated.

I will certainly be having a look at Manchester! Does anyone have any ideas as to what people will charge for this service and how long they will last?

The website says they last 2 weeks and at the show I think they said £40?

so if you already have traditional eyelash extension kit, you could just apply them in this modified manner and get the same effect ?

thats what i thought but im sure that it will still take longer than 15 mins to do a set by just placing them on the top of natural lashes even without seperating and will the look good? maybe we should get our loyal guinea pigs (friends that like freebies/cheapies) and have a play around. i cant wait to have a look see what its all about though.

I've been doing lash extensions for about 1 year now. I have been trained through 3 D Lashes. The technique I use is to separate each lash prior to attaching a single lash to it.

Sorry but the little pots and finger ring are not new, they have been used in this industry (and tattoo industry) for years!

The lashes that come attached that you can attach to the back of your hand (instead of using the singles from a pot) are not new either, lashers have been using them for years as many prefer it and find the application faster.

Ok if these new 'Blink n Go' lashes are just dropped (placed) onto the lashes without isolation then I will guarantee that you will have a huge mess. Believe me I have seen shoddy work where stylists did not isolate single lashes and clients had 3 or 4 lashes bonded together. Now we all know that each lash is at a different stage in it's cycle so I'll let you guess what happens when one of those lashes has been released from the folicle... a bloody mess!!! Not to mention that a lot of damage can result if the lash is bonded to the other lashes.

The adhesive I use can hold for up to 6 weeks, yes a fill at week 3 is advised due to natural shedding. One thing I will say is that I'm glad to hear that the adhesive in this 'new system' only is rated for 2 weeks.

We are a fast food society and look what it did to us. I guess we will wait and see. . .

Latest posts

Back