Nouveau Blink & Go lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi,

right got an email from the trainer from blick and go, basically she said 'Blink and Go products are essentially the same as semi permanent lashes, it is the method of application that differs, and enables the lashes to be applied so quickly.'
And also that they have to be removed after two weeks and...' its a brand concept, and we are asking for a commitment to an annual spend from salons who wish to be a part of the brand.' think they expect about £2,500 each year.

I find it really difficult to believe anyone will go for this. but good luck if you do!
Kellyx

They look amazing - but then all these individual lashes do! I am trained myself (quite poorley may I ad) and used to use Hollywood lashes and never was happy with the end result. I have worn Jinny lash and Hollywood lashes and they irritate my eyes so after 2 weeks I want a new set anyway.

As for it being a threat to competitors it certainly won't be, if anything opening up a large gap in the market for those who cannot afford £120 for a set of lashes aka ME! Wish I could!

The pot and strips on the hand are not new and they do really cut your time down as you don't have to set your lashes up prior to training. Genius idea!

If I could have lashes like that year round with out using the cluster lashes I would have them done. Love to do them my self but as a mobile therapist I wouldnt be allowed so training next year with Xtreme lashes instead.

Kate

Well I'm going for it!

They are allot more special and innovative than some are making out ... don't knock it till you've tried it.

HD brows are not finding it difficult to get people to buy into their concept and at the top of the tree, Nouveau won't either. :green:

Ha somehow Geeg I knew you'd reply to this... I'm just speaking from my experiences in the lash business. There's no need to defend. Good luck with your training. I'm sure we'll here more about it. I belong to another lash site and as a group of lash stylists (most of whom are lash educators I will add),we've had some interesting discussions about this.

Like I said we'll have to wait and see!

If you've ever had a client say that they'd love lash extensions but haven't got an hour and half to wait, then we have an answer for you here.

If they want a perfect set to last the two months that properly applied lash extensions can (read into that what you like, it was carefully worded) then there is no substitute for lash extensions.

Blink and Go fills the gap in the middle. They look excellent, feel good but unfortunately their life expectancy is shorter.

Have a look at Manchester this weekend.

{why am I in lala land, just out of curiosity}

Hi,
I have been on the Nouveau web site. Yes they look amazing.
But how would a mobile therapist be able to buy into the concept, £2,500 including the chair!!!!!!! Can't lug that around with us.
I don't want or need the chair, are they going to do a mobile therapist kit???
One of my questions for them at GMEX.
If they are doing them I may book to have a set done.
There is a salon near to me, they do them for £45 per set, it will take a long time to recoup the initial out lay.
x x x :hug: x x x

Hi Poshfloss.

Congratulations for being in Pink Land.

Blink and go is not aimed at mobile therapists. It's aimed at salons who have space to advertise the brand. It's not just a brand new technique in applying lashes but there are loads of branded products to complement the treatments.

With reference to the chair. We are aiming this initially at beauty salons who don't have this type of chair which is necessary to use the technique we've developed. It's available but not compulsory. Most salons taking on the concept have turned their front windows into a blink and go area and the chair fits perfectly in this area.

If you're mobile then you can certainly do express lashes (Nouveau Lashes train this. Blatant plug. as do other lash companies) which are similar in a way, but we will keep Blink and Go strictly salon only.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if there are any more questions but I'm away to G-Mex in the morning to set up the Blink And Go stage.

I'd like to see some CLOSE UP photos of the a set of lashes that was done using this technique- preferably 2 photos, one with the eyes closed and the other with the eyes open. If possible it would be helpful to see a set that is in need of a fill also. THX

from what has been said i dont think you would infil these lashes has they are only meant to last a few weeks and so they would be removed and fresh set applied? maybe im wrong on that. Im going to get some done at the beauty show so will let you know how they go x

I still don't get the concept . I have thechnicans who can do 40 lashes in 40 mins if clients are short on time. I am off to the show at the weekend so will have a proper looksy and feedback

Hi all

I've taken all your comments on board re. the website not making it clear what Blink & Go™ actually is (!) and I'll be updating again tomorrow following the Professional Beauty show - lots of new pics etc.

Thanks for all your comments - good, bad, indifferent. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, it's what makes the world go round :green:.

If I can answer any questions - fire them at me!

Steph

well i thought it all looked really good when i found the stand that is, i got there at 10 didn't find it till 1.30, when i finally found it i couldn't believe my eyes, it was the biggest stage there flashing lights disco music. loads of girls in green tutu's. how i missed it i will never know ha ha. think i was that eager just kept running round in circles, i still don't know wether to take the plunge or not, its a lot of money... although i am very keen its just a little scary... i don't know much about lashes as i don't do them at all. just a little concerned that these might be damaging to the natural lash if the clients don't come back etc. in a perfect world i would see them all at 2 week on the dot for soak off and some more applying, but i know some won't and i wouldn't want them damaging there lashes.... i need to make my mind up on this as i if i do .i want to do it and be up and running for xmas, kerching!! i am so bad at making decisions it takes me ages, but then thats why i haven't made many bad ones. as yet. lol
looking forward to hearing some replies of people who had them, as they didn't have time for me. janice

. just a little concerned that these might be damaging to the natural lash if the clients don't come back etc. in a perfect world i would see them all at 2 week on the dot for soak off and some more applying, but i know some won't and i wouldn't want them damaging there lashes....

This is my concern! I know from my existing lash clients that they become addictive, so will these blink and go ladies think, "oh I will keep them on a bit longer" instead of coming to get them taken off. I also keep thinking how many sets of £40 blink and goes I would have to do to make a decent profit on the £2500 outlay:eek::eek:
Also, and please excuse my qusetion if its a stupid one, how are these so differant from the individual lashes that you can buy in any wholesalers that just apply to the top of the natural lash, no isolation involved etc? I cannot see where the "brand new concept" comes into it. This is a genuine question as I am very interested in the differance. Thank you x:hug:

Really if you are a nouveau masters tech the application is still the same as the express lashes, however you cant call them blink and go. I think your basically paying to use the name of blink and go. Im interested in learning the express lashes for the clients in between that only want lashes for a few weeks and cannot afford the price of a full set of individual lashes.

Well I had a set applied and for me personally it was hard work my eyes kept on watering - not sure if it was the lights on the stage being so bright or working open eyed. She did say it would take 20 mins to apply a set but thats just a basic set not talking about really thick really glam lashes and also if you have a client like me then it can take longer as the eyes watering slows you down and i had to keep blinking.

All in all though im happy with what i had done, although it is only a few hours, they feel really light and are very natural looking.

You cannot infil they must be removed after about 2 weeks.

Good idea though just hopefully you wont have an annoying watery eyed client like me. lol x

Nouveau

What is the link to your website. I'd really like to see some upclose photos.

I couldn't imagine having extensions done with the eyes open. It sounds like the adhesive has some fumes to it hence the eyes watering. One note, be careful because if you develop allergies to this, you may never be able to go back and have singles applied. Do you have to tape down the lower lashes?

Sure each company will likely come out with their own name for this.

I still think it's cutting lots of corners. Why would I want to have them removed every two weeks and a new set put on? I'd rather go three weeks (some even 4) and them come in for a lash fill.

Sorry this is going to be a hard sell for me!

OK so, I had a set done over the weekend, and at the time they felt absolutely fantastic and looked as good as they felt, and yes they took 15-20 minutes to apply. Yesterday, the same, although I had lost a couple.

Today, they are getting on my bloody nerves. A couple have de-bonded and are sticking in my eye and they are starting to look a bit clumpy in areas.

However, having said all of that, the wonderful lady who applied them for me was not doing so in the best of environments, so I might try them again.

As for today, even though it is my day off, I am going to the salon to have them removed.

mmm coming in from the perspective of an overall view point as far as the industry and how it is perceived by the consumer is concerned I am well...a little concerned as to what the consumer will make of this.

No reference to any brands but simply a global perspective here and one which applies to all treatments offered by professional therapists to the consumer so no need for any silly branding innuendoes .:hug:

If we look at say the spray tan sector..it is perceived by many consumers as being a bit of a joke...why pay someone to spray you and then walk around looking like an orangina....this sort of perception comes about from therapists applying the wrong solution relevant to the skin type.

Same story with a certain chain of nail bars...unmanned sun bed shops...unqualified and inadequately trained waxers and so on and so on.

Before anyone kicks off im not implying that this brand is similar..far from it as already clarified it is a good brand.:hug:

What worries me is this constant and never ending desire for quick fix beauty ..:irked:

Like anything in life you do get what you pay for...I fly with BA normally but thought I would save a couple of coppers by traveling with Easy jet last week...with additional bagage charges and "invisible" airport fees and so on I ended up paying more and had to fight for my seat to boot :eek:

When will we as a sector learn that beauty is not a quick fix thing and good treatments that are designed to last come at a price and take time to apply/do.

Sorry no itntent towards any brand ...just a bit concerned as to what the consumer..who at the end of the day feeds us all...makes of all this and just how happy they really will be with us professionals in the longer term :hug:

Hi,
I had a set applied yesterday, my eyes watered all the way through the procedure, the lady did tell me it was the fimes from the adhesive.
They felt great when they were done, so light, but only time will tell, they are a bit wonky this morning, I just gently teased them into place.
My Mum had a set done too, I went for longer glam lashes, they did finer more natural on my Mum as her natural lashes were shorter and finer.
Will report back as they, stay or go.
Salon local to me does them for £45 per set inc removal.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

glas it wasnt just me that my eyes watered the lady that did me was good but not very happy that they were watering so much lol. kept getting told to try and concentrate. Lost quite a few today though and im still in pjs so not put makeup on so cant blame that. Looked for you yesterday poshfloss but it was so busy i even lost my friend who went home without me :( x

Right...I need some help here!!! not sure if i'm totally missing the point or am just getting on a bit!!!

Strip Lashes - lashes fixed to a band, applied with adhesive and last for one day/night

Individual Lashes - not actually individual but little clusters of 3-4 lashes which are applied with slightly stronger adhesive than for strip lashes and last for anywhere between a few days to a couple of weeks....i have friends who apply these to people and they last nearly 3 weeks (maybe she's secretly using superglue!!)

Eyelash Extensions - are single lashes applied with adhesive (no idea on strength) to clients own lashes that have been isolated and last up to 2 months with maintenance every 2,3 or 4 weeks. Take around 60-120 mins to do.

So.....if i've got all that correct....where do Blink and Go fit in??? What are they? Are they single lashes or are they little clusters??

I've been all over the blink and go website and i'm finding it really hard to actually see what they are....a little help would be great!

xx

Latest posts

Back