Nouveau Blink & Go lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmm coming in from the perspective of an overall view point as far as the industry and how it is perceived by the consumer is concerned I am well...a little concerned as to what the consumer will make of this.

Before anyone kicks off im not implying that this brand is similar..far from it as already clarified it is a good brand.:hug:

What worries me is this constant and never ending desire for quick fix beauty ..:irked:

When will we as a sector learn that beauty is not a quick fix thing and good treatments that are designed to last come at a price and take time to apply/do.

Sorry no itntent towards any brand ...just a bit concerned as to what the consumer..who at the end of the day feeds us all...makes of all this and just how happy they really will be with us professionals in the longer term :hug:

What we do without you looking out for us all Collin??? You're like Superman :hug::smack::hug:

Although you state clearly that your comments are not intended towards this brand, whatever way you wrap it up......they have become directed towards this brand, otherwise, you would have started a new thread and not put it on one entitled Nouveau Lashes Blink and Go.

My personal experience of Nouveau as a company is that they are passionate about their training and they develop high end products. To think for one minute that they or any other company of their standing would be the cause for concern is utter cobblers.

If any of them read this thread, my guess is that they'll take on board the genuine feedback from the girls who weren't happy with their lashes and they'll be on the case in a heartbeat. They'd probably appeciate it if you called them to talk them through the problems you've had with them. They're about raising the standards, not lowering them.

Of course, it doesn't mean because a company are all glitz and glamour that they'll be better than a smaller company. However, you do have to back it up with a good quality product and excellent training. Consumers are not stupid!

There seems to be a trend for reversed pyschology in the trade at the moment, whereby smaller companies are pointing at bigger, successful companies and saying 'We may be small but we are more dedicated to quality, not quantity'. There is no truth in this at all.

What we do without you looking out for us all Collin??? You're like Superman :hug::smack::hug:

Although you state clearly that your comments are not intended towards this brand, whatever way you wrap it up......they have become directed towards this brand, otherwise, you would have started a new thread and not put it on one entitled Nouveau Lashes Blink and Go.

Its such a shame that some professionals cant see further than the ends of their turned up noses and see a bigger picture beyond one of personal condescending and patronising jibes :rolleyes:

In so far as the issues being discussed we are of course all fully entitled to make professional observations and view points on posted topics...:idea:

In so far as this one is concerned there does seem to be considerable confusion and doubt which still requires clarification and as previously mentioned ...only time will tell once therapists have been able to fully understand what actually is being sold here and have had the opportunity to undertake the treatment on the paying customer.

Of course the ultimate acid test will be weather or not sufficient therapists dig deep into their pockets and weather the consumer returns time and time again for further treatments....all will ultimately be decided by these individuals in time :hug:

Right here is my input as i have had a set done on sunday at the blink and go stage,,,

i really liked them when they where first applied and ever one said how natural they looked ,BUT yesterday and today all i have been doing is taking loose eyelashes of my face they seem to be dropping out at a rate i certainly did not expect to say they should last up to 2 weeks ,,,like angela said may be it was the pressure on the girl who did them on the day but i thought that was what it was all about showcasing the product ......

my verdict so far ,not very good .

sorry blink and go but every time i blink another has gone

I've read all these posts and backed Collin then backed Nouveau. Then came to the conclusions that lets wait and see the feedback.

this leads me onto feedback. The girls that have had them on that have posted on this thread all agree that they have had problems.

It may be early days, but these girls that are applying them at the shows you would think are well trained and experienced so that is ruled out of the equation. Maybe its the product itself?? As Collin has stated.

It seems a hell of a comittment unless the feedback is outstanding IMO. But if it were me i'd be holding onto my wallet and waiting for some positive feedback from the consumer and ignore all the marketing Hype from Nouveau as impressive as it may be.

By the way i'm all for saving time but obviously not at the expense of quality, which time can only tell with this new product. Just like every other new product thats launched you need to look past the glitz & hype of marketing and look at what this product is capable of. If it does work well that can only be good news for us. But like i've said numerous times time will tell and sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Right here is my input as i have had a set done on sunday at the blink and go stage,,,

i really liked them when they where first applied and ever one said how natural they looked ,BUT yesterday and today all i have been doing is taking loose eyelashes of my face they seem to be dropping out at a rate i certainly did not expect to say they should last up to 2 weeks ,,,like angela said may be it was the pressure on the girl who did them on the day but i thought that was what it was all about showcasing the product ......

my verdict so far ,not very good .

sorry blink and go but every time i blink another has gone

That must be why they are called 'blink and go' then-lol.
I wanted to get some information from the show yesterday but they didn't seem interested.
Asked 2 different people a question and they gave me a one word answer and then walked off!
I was beginning to get a complex yesterday with the amount of reps ignoring me!

mmm coming in from the perspective of an overall view point as far as the industry and how it is perceived by the consumer is concerned I am well...a little concerned as to what the consumer will make of this.

No reference to any brands but simply a global perspective here and one which applies to all treatments offered by professional therapists to the consumer so no need for any silly branding innuendoes .:hug:

If we look at say the spray tan sector..it is perceived by many consumers as being a bit of a joke...why pay someone to spray you and then walk around looking like an orangina....this sort of perception comes about from therapists applying the wrong solution relevant to the skin type.

Same story with a certain chain of nail bars...unmanned sun bed shops...unqualified and inadequately trained waxers and so on and so on.

Before anyone kicks off im not implying that this brand is similar..far from it as already clarified it is a good brand.:hug:

What worries me is this constant and never ending desire for quick fix beauty ..:irked:

Like anything in life you do get what you pay for...I fly with BA normally but thought I would save a couple of coppers by traveling with Easy jet last week...with additional bagage charges and "invisible" airport fees and so on I ended up paying more and had to fight for my seat to boot :eek:

When will we as a sector learn that beauty is not a quick fix thing and good treatments that are designed to last come at a price and take time to apply/do.

Sorry no itntent towards any brand ...just a bit concerned as to what the consumer..who at the end of the day feeds us all...makes of all this and just how happy they really will be with us professionals in the longer term :hug:

Well put Collin. Like I said before... we'll just have to wait and see.

I would still like to see some upclose pictures with different views. Do they have any on the Blink 'n Go site?

Hi all

You might think because we (Nouveau) have been quiet on the posts that we are uninterested - I just want to make it clear that isn't the case! We're looking at what everyone is saying - like I've said before, good/bad - every bit of feedback is precious to us.

The head of our lashes team is in the middle of training at the moment but will be posting later today, answering some of your comments/queries.

In the meantime, if anyone has any problems please call 0845 644 3994 and SPEAK to our team - we can answer your questions really quickly for you that way!

That would be great!

As my question states, (about 10 replies ago, lol) I would love to know how they are "a brand new concept" as I can apply single lashes on the top of natural lashes already, and pick up the products from any wholesalers. I am genuinely confused!
I do semi-perm lash extensions and def see a big plus to time saving. However, the general public already struggles with the differance between semi-perms and cluster lashes etc! Is this not opening up a problem? Will clients not bother getting them removed and then have problems? Do they need removing as they are damaging to natural lashes if left longer? Is having strong, fumy adhesives near an open eye a tad concerning? Ooooo I have a million questions, lol!:green:

(ps, be great to see all these questions/answers on the blink and go website xxx)

I agree why not respond to our queries here or on the B'NG site? That way we can all read the same thing and you don't have 3 thousand phone calls!

Lots of questions to be answered. The main one is what's the difference between these and normal extensions and why are they better.

They're not better. If your client has a hundred quid in their pocket and a spare hour and a half, then they want lash extensions, preferably Nouveau Lashes as they're the best. (If I'm coming on to explain, I'm going to get a plug in!!)

If your client wants a quick fix for a single night out and wants a dramatic look and can hide the ugly glue line with make up, then they need a pair of strip lashes fitting. (The Blink and Go range includes a range of strip lashes although these are not the Blink and Go procedure.

Somewhere in the middle, you have the ladies who don't have an hour and a half to spend, wouldn't be seen dead with strip lashes and wouldn't go out without their longer lashes. Blink and Go is a method using different techniques, no isolation (lash technicians will understand this) and an eyes open method and a very realistic, attractive set of lashes can be applied in well under 20 minutes. We have developed the procedure after listening to the needs of clients, celebrities, "city girls" etc who have all said that they don't have the time for a full set of extensions, we're not trying to create the demand, it's already there.

Blink and Go is a brand more than anything. We already have a number of major high street chains taking it on. We've made it easy for you to put it into your salon, similar to the way McDonalds have done. The package price includes advertising literature, branded products, point of sale displays, the notorious chair and training amongst other things. There's over £3000 worth of kit with a double up on the retail items.

To answer one of the easier questions on how long it will take to recoup the initial outlay, £45.00 every 20 minutes means just over 18 hours work to cover the £2500.

Eyes watering is a touchy one. We use the Nouveau Lashes Ultrabond 5 adhesive and one of our major claims on this is that it has virtually no vapour and is harmless to the eyes. It certainly doesn't give off fumes. Hopefully, we can blame the eyes watering on either the dry, air conditioned atmosphere or the draughts in the exhibition hall. I think the leaks from the roof dropped into the audience.

With reference to longevity. I am personally disappointed that lashes are falling off so quickly. In all our trials (and we've been trialling the products and techniques for over a year) we have achieved results that have lasted well over a week. When we launched Nouveau Lashes to the UK, we made claims of them lasting up to eight weeks but chose to drop this when advertising to the public as it created unreasonable expectations. I can offer a multitude of excuses such as watering eyes, bad lighting (yes the flashing lights didn't go down well with the technicians on stage) sleeping on them a bit funny but to be frank, they should be lasting longer despite this so we will look into it, as with all treatments, the biggest variables are the cleanlyness of the lashes pre-procedure and the ability of the technician to work in the conditions.

Please understand that this is a business model which we have created with the help of some brilliant, successful people.

I see I have two PMs so will answer them when I've worked out how to do so.

I stand to be corrected - but I just fail to see why the need to invest in £2500 for basically 'a technique'! - with perhaps a special chair thrown in! - come on - gulliable I ain't!

This seems crazy to me. They may be the best lashes since sliced bread, but really you are buying a concept which can be relayed to any brand or lash you currently use - despite the marketing PR hype. Just does not make business sense to me. However, I am sure plenty will disagree.

That would be great!
(ps, be great to see all these questions/answers on the blink and go website xxx)

We're in the process of putting this together! We'd pre-empted that was needed but with the shows it's taking a little longer than we'd all like. Passed your comments on to our brand manager who'll get back to you.

Thanks again :)

I stand to be corrected - but I just fail to see why the need to invest in £2500 for basically 'a technique'! - with perhaps a special chair thrown in! - come on - gulliable I ain't!

This seems crazy to me. They may be the best lashes since sliced bread, but really you are buying a concept which can be relayed to any brand or lash you currently use - despite the marketing PR hype. Just does not make business sense to me. However, I am sure plenty will disagree.

You're not just investing in a 'technique' with a 'special chair' thrown in! You're investing in a brand concept built on a strong reputation from its founding company, expert training, great products and ongoing marketing/pr/sales support teams.

Blink & Go has many benefits to both the salon/technician and consumer - have a good look at the website, register, go through it and any questions that can't be answered call us - talk to a real person and we can deal with any concerns you have straight away, that's what were here for!

You're right - not everyone will agree with you - OR US! Choice is what makes business great, amongst other things. Do the right thing for your own company, as we do. We're 100% behind our brand, the concept, the training and it's future.

Thanks for all your comments :)

I certainly thank you for trying to answer questions. :hug:
However, I refer back to my question of HOW THEY ARE DIFFERANT to the individual lashes that you can get now? I am not talking about strip lashes, semi-permanent lashes, or even cluster lashes, I mean the single, individual lashes that I can get anywhere, and are applied with no isolation and popped onto the top of the natural lash? (without the need for a special chair:))

I can do someone a quick 1-2 week set using about £5 worth of product from the local wholesalers!! (However, I wouldnt dream of doing so as I am a lash application addict:green:)

Thank you for your time x

Hi

Ok, the difference is in our technique - we teach two separate application techniques.

We train our technicians how to achieve a beautiful, full look applying colour & bottom lashes for the wow factor. In addition to that we have a special 'cross' technique for those customers with thinner lashes.

Don't forget - you're not simply buying training here - you're buying in to a brand and that shoudn't be forgotten. The application techniques we train make it possible for you to achieve excellent lash results in 20 mins (as well as a whole host of additional treatment 'add ons' that some people will have seen at Olympia or Professional Beauty recently).

You seem genuinly interested so why not give Jody a call and discuss any other questions. I'd like to be able to answer all of your technical queries but I honestly feel you're better speaking to a team member.

for the wow factor.

OMG...thought there was already a "wow factor" knocking around here somewhere :eek::lol::hug:

Any ways thanks for trying to clarify things for us ..its very much appreciated and we do wish you guy's the very best of luck with the concept :hug:

If you're referring to the special 'cross' technique as a 'basket weave' then NO THANKS, I've seen photos of these lashes and they are a mess, even after 2 weeks!

I was talking to a trainer with another company today and they have been doing this shall I say "drive by' service for quite some time now in the USA. They make the client sign a contract/waiver that they will have them removed in 2 weeks as they could damage the lashes. She actually retails gel remover to clients if they wish to do it themselves ( sorry, I wouldn't retail this).

Another thing, this technique would not be able to be done in Canada as it is illegal to have lashes done with the eyes open. Thankfully Health Canada has some very strict regulations here when it comes to lash extensions.

I still haven't seen any photos??????

OMG...thought there was already a "wow factor" knocking around here somewhere :eek::lol::hug:

Any ways thanks for trying to clarify things for us ..its very much appreciated and we do wish you guy's the very best of luck with the concept :hug:

Ok - was confused about your comment there Collin until someone just PM'd me! Wasnt a direct reference (as wasn't aware!) so apologies if you thought that - you'll see on NL marketing from time to time that phrase is used, that's all I was referencing.

If you're referring to the special 'cross' technique as a 'basket weave' then NO THANKS, I've seen photos of these lashes and they are a mess, even after 2 weeks!

I was talking to a trainer with another company today and they have been doing this shall I say "drive by' service for quite some time now in the USA. They make the client sign a contract/waiver that they will have them removed in 2 weeks as they could damage the lashes. She actually retails gel remover to clients if they wish to do it themselves ( sorry, I wouldn't retail this).

Another thing, this technique would not be able to be done in Canada as it is illegal to have lashes done with the eyes open. Thankfully Health Canada has some very strict regulations here when it comes to lash extensions.

I still haven't seen any photos??????

Hi there

Have you not registered with the Blink & Go website yet? Photo's are available for public viewing on there, also I have 3 photos in my album on here. Is there something you specifically want to see? If so, PM me and I'll sort that out for you, no problem :).

Agree with you that Health & Safety is paramount - to our company as to any other reputable company out there. We adhere to strict guidelines, as I'm sure so do you and every other serious tech out there.

To clarify - I never said 'basket weave' or intimated towards it??! Our lashes certainly don't look a mess if applied properly, so no worries in that direction. We also don't offer 'drive by' training - I'm sure some company's do and pull in revenue for it, however that's not what Nouveau Lashes OR Blink & Go is about - first and foremost we are a training academy based on professionalism, customer service & we are dedicated to taking our brands the next step at all times. We want to make money - like everyone! - but we won't take the low road to do that.

Any more queries Jogels? Happy to answer :)

Ok - was confused about your comment there Collin until someone just PM'd me! Wasnt a direct reference (as wasn't aware!) so apologies if you thought that - you'll see on NL marketing from time to time that phrase is used, that's all I was referencing.

Nouveau have been using the words, give you the WOW factor for many years I have a 2004 poster with this on. LVL also gave the wow factor!

Su x

Latest posts

Back