NSI, CND, Essex School of Beauty, Brentwood Academy, which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
hi

firstly what a fab site so glad i found it. ok im 42 and have suddenly decided i would love to have a go at nails!!! im pretty artistic but am having a nightmare trying to find a course to go on that fits in with my job (i work in a school) and one that i can afford (incase it all goes wrong and im no good at it). ive looked at quite a few nsi which the nearest is in kent. i also found the essex school of beauty at rochford and the carlton institute in brentwood. I dont have any nails experience at all ive simply bought a nail trainer and some nsi gel products (acrylic absolutely stunk my house out) so im going with gel. could anyone suggest a reasonably priced course which i could go on that gives a recognised certificate for public liability insurance and which i could build on if i enjoy it. thanks so much xx

Hi, after doing lots of research last year i went with essex CND as they were well priced and the product reviews were great. It is also not a long course to get started with as its broken up, which helped as i have a child and job too. I dont regret it and Justine, the essex educator, was lovely. I'm looking forward to doing more courses with her. :hug:

hi kayley

thanks for that where exactly did you have to go for the course, im near the lakeside shopping centre. and which course did you start with. xx

I had to go to braintree to do the course, which isnt particularly close but its easy to park so wasnt a problem. I have done the 5 day signature 5 foundation course, everything i needed to complete the course was supplied once i was there. I learnt more theory wise about nails in 5 days doing the course there then i did in the year i was at college doing beauty (which did include manicures/pedicures and nail anatomy btw!), it really was very good training so dont be put off by distance :hug:

hi kayley

thanks for that where exactly did you have to go for the course, im near the lakeside shopping centre. and which course did you start with. xx

If you call Sweet Squared the CND distributor they will send you all the details on Justine's training dates. We can send you a Folio with all the info on courses (new ones will be landing at HQ any day now) and the girls are very helpful.

Hope this helps!

good morning,

and thank you so much to you guys for your replies, this really is an amazing site. im really quite excited about doing this, ive bought a nail trainer and my poor daughter has been my guinea pig not that she minds unless the nails are wonky and that ruins her streetcred!!! i will contact cnd today to get some course times. unfortunately i think it will have to be july/august when the kids are on 6 weeks holidays so im hoping there will be something for me there. i cant get any termtime off but heres hoping. once again thank you really appreciate the help xxxxx

hi

firstly what a fab site so glad i found it. ok im 42 and have suddenly decided i would love to have a go at nails!!! im pretty artistic but am having a nightmare trying to find a course to go on that fits in with my job (i work in a school) and one that i can afford (incase it all goes wrong and im no good at it). ive looked at quite a few nsi which the nearest is in kent. i also found the essex school of beauty at rochford and the carlton institute in brentwood. I dont have any nails experience at all ive simply bought a nail trainer and some nsi gel products (acrylic absolutely stunk my house out) so im going with gel. could anyone suggest a reasonably priced course which i could go on that gives a recognised certificate for public liability insurance and which i could build on if i enjoy it. thanks so much xx

hey im 22 and have been working in a salon doing artifical nails for 7 years,initially i trained with cnd (creative) and found there course amazing giving you what you need to become a GOOD nail tech...i have worked with nsi products and considered a conversion course but was left very disapointed with thier product,not as durable or easy to work with in comparison to cnd,but each to thier own after much research i found cnd is the most widley used in nail competitions....although i trained with cnd i had to recently endure on a basic college vtct nail tech course which enables me to gain license ANYWHERE! as i live and work around the m25 the licensing rules are strict meaning the almost £500 i spent training with cnd is worthless regardless of the experience i gained with them i would advise you to get in touch with your local council for advice on what qualifications they require so you dont end up wasting money as i did....i hope u find this useful x

....although i trained with cnd i had to recently endure on a basic college vtct nail tech course which enables me to gain license ANYWHERE! as i live and work around the m25 the licensing rules are strict meaning the almost £500 i spent training with cnd is worthless regardless of the experience i gained with them i would advise you to get in touch with your local council for advice on what qualifications they require so you dont end up wasting money as i did....i hope u find this useful x

I'm sorry you found this, personally I have found that CND is accepted all over the world for the granting of licences. The only time I have had a council question it I was able to show them that a CND cert is accepted by all insurance companies and govening bodies.
Councils generally do not understand our industry and will refuse to grant, by default rather then make a mistake, but if you chalenge the refusal you then get the chance to explain your quals and show them the evidence and they are then quiet happy to overturn the original outcome and enter the information on their data base, which makes it easier for the next tech.

hi girls,

i have since found a vtct course (10 x 6 hours on a sunday) very near to my home town and held in a salon as well which has a government grant. it is a vtct level 2 nail enhancement course and for the time being sounds like it would be beneficial to me. i can go on to do a conversion course with cnd (this course does however use cnd but the main product is entity) the course cost is £400.00 plus £60.00 fees (the local college course works out about (£700) what is your thoughts on this your help is so appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back