Number of coats for a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloLovely

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

quick question , when I did my training I was only told to do one coat of spray tan for a whole body tan , but have recently purchased some sienna x and upon speaking to the therapist there - she mentioned doing it twice?

is ti down to personal preference / the way the colour takes / or how each company instructs? What do you ladies do ?

Many thanks in Adavance ! x

One coat here

Ive only ever done it really on family and friends , but ive only ever done one coat .. and when she said 2 it really threw me off ! x

I only do one coat. That's weird, I trained with sienna x and she taught us only to use one coat, any more coats are pointless.

I did a tan on my sister this morning with a 12% sienna x . And she asked for a second coat because she wanted a bit darker - and it's actually come out really nice . So not I'm really confused [emoji85] xx

Personal preference however I would recommend charging extra for a second coat!!

When I did my tan training (ages ago) they told us a second coat wouldn't make the tan any darker

One coat. The second coat shouldn't make a difference to the colour. To make it darker you would up the percentage.

Plus it is extra product and time.

As long as you cover your client fully with one coat i don't see the benefits of a second coat x

Years ago I did st tropez training and they taught to do two coats so maybe her training was a bit outdated. I think machines are better nowadays and only require one coat.

So, I'm going against the grain here with my answer, but yes, defo two coats. That being said, my spray is a very fine mist and not a wet spray (even after two coats my clients always comment about how dry they feel in comparison to other tans they have had). The first coat gets the product working, back round for round two to make sure all areas have been covered and provide a little extra coverage. I still use less than 50 mls each tan (dependant on size of person obvs) so I'm not wasting solution and the service is standard, therefore would never charge more for two coats xx

I do 2 coats too. I also use a fine mist and it ensures everywhere is covered.

I was trained to do 2 coats :)

I trained with St Tropez and was also trained to do 2 light coats. Like Ciderella & Wilde about tan, I spray lightly for both coats and I don't find that I ever use any more than 50ml x

I've read lots of comments on here and researched and tried lots of brands and find that if you overspray or spray twice on a normal setting the tan is darker.
I know you need to have a higher percentage but heavier solution sprays darker in my experience and it doesn't affect the longevity

We recommend one coat over the entire body, then a second coat for areas that naturally catch the sun, such as shoulder and outside of arms.

Hello Ladies,

quick question , when I did my training I was only told to do one coat of spray tan for a whole body tan , but have recently purchased some sienna x and upon speaking to the therapist there - she mentioned doing it twice?

is ti down to personal preference / the way the colour takes / or how each company instructs? What do you ladies do ?

Many thanks in Adavance ! x

I prefer to do 1 coat of medium all over the body then do a second coat of medium everywhere except the feet, knees, hands and elbows.
2 coats of medium is far better than one coat of dark!

Latest posts

Back