NVQ 2 facial question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenly_hel

Reaction score
Hi hi geeks!!

Can someone help me out with this question that i should probably know the answer to!!

How often should you recommend a facial be given to a client with mature/dry skin and how often should a facial be recommended for a you person with oily skin, that uses only soap and then make up????

Your help is much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance from one geek to another!!:o

Please help!!!

The problem with college assessments is that they seem to vary between colleges, I went to two different colleges and all the tests were written by the tutors so the questions/answers are usually different although along the same guidelines.

At college I was taught that clients with any skin type should have a Facial every 4 weeks unless they were having a course of treatments, eg. micro-current in which case 1/2 per week for 4 weeks then 1/2 per month for maitenence BUT when I left college this seemed to vary dependant on the skincare range.

For instance with the Academie range I use depending on the skin type I may reccommend an aha treatment for oily skin once a week for four weeks then once a month but if I had a mature client I may reccommend a Lifting & Firming Treatment once a week for six weeks then twice a month after that.

Do you see what I mean it really does vary so much the best advice I can give is that you look in your course notes and text books, my college ones which are about seven years old (yikes) say every 28 days but this may have 'changed' by nvq standards since then.

With the oily skin, you would advise them on a good home care routine and leave out the soap as it will alter the skins ph balance and make her condition worsen. (these are the things that should be written on the record card)

Lorraine nordmann level 2 beauty therapy covers your questions if you dont have it pop along to your libruary.
x

Thanking you muchly!:green:

Hows the assignment going?

The assignment ig going, urrmmm ...slowly LOL. 2 more questions to do i am stuck on the question as whatto recommend as homecare for a youg person with oily skin.
I am getting there though, i think i'll be starting my manicure/pedicure module next! Thanks for the help.

The assignment ig going, urrmmm ...slowly LOL. 2 more questions to do i am stuck on the question as whatto recommend as homecare for a youg person with oily skin.
I am getting there though, i think i'll be starting my manicure/pedicure module next! Thanks for the help.

What books do you have?
The worst thing a person young or old can do is omit cleansing etc morning and evening. Plus many have the wrong products or use too much of it. That may help you? Oh and try not to keep touching the skin, I found I had breakouts when I did that.

Keep up the good work.
x

I have my module notes and the Lorranine Norrdman book Beauty therapy the foundations which seems to be really good! Thank you for your help x

Latest posts

Back