NVQ WAXING QUESTION please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I have been given my questions and answers in, but got 1 back, I need to write more!

The question is, name 6 more ways of hair removal and what effect does it have on the waxing process?

ok so I have got
tweezing, threading, cutting, depilatory creams, sugaring, shaving

I put that doing any of these methods inbetween the waxing appointments would effect the stages of hair growth and waxing would not be as effective.

My tutor wants more explanation and in more depth, can anyone please help me answering this question? I know its an easy one but I just cant seem to put it into words:irked:

Thanks

Ruth x

Last edited:
What about shaving, laser hair removal and electrolysis as other methods of hair removal too?

I'd put tweezing, threading and sugaring all in the same category - like waxing, they remove the entire hair rather than cutting it short (like shaving would) or chemically dissolving it (like depilatory cream would). So their effect on waxing would depend when the treatment was performed with respect to the hair growth cycle and the timing between appointments. So tweezing a few hairs out the day before a waxing appointment would probably have negligible effect on the hair growth, for example.

Shaving just cuts the hair at the surface of the skin but leaves the hair under the surface intact. So shaving a couple of weeks before a wax would be a bad idea if the hair growth during the two weeks meant that the hairs were too short to wax. Also because shaving cuts the hair midway down the hair shaft (where it's wider than at the end which is tapered) you get the nasty "stubble" effect.

Not sure about depilatory creams but if they leave any hair intact below the surface, and the hair is too short to wax by the time you get the next waxing appointment, you'd have a similar problem.

With electrolysis, I would say from experience that having electrolysis in the same area that you wax shortly afterwards is a bad idea, because of the risk of the hair follicle getting infected (giving you nasty spots). Possibly the same would go for laser too, although it's different with laser in that the hairs remain in place directly after the treatment (rather than being tweezed out after the current has been applied)...

I want to help you but I really don't understand what she's asking. Can you type the question again? What do you mean by 'What process does it have on the process'?

I want to help you but I really don't understand what she's asking. Can you type the question again? What do you mean by 'What process does it have on the process'?

I think she means "What effect does it have on the waxing process"...

Ah I see ! Ok, go into more detail about how shaving and tweezing can cause ingrown hairs. Explain how regular waxing without shaving, tweezing etc in between will weaken the hair causing the growth to become much sparser and resulting in longer periods of hair free periods. Therefore, the above mentioned will interfer with this process. Say how hair growth after waxing is stubble free and soft, unlike after shaving etc.

Now go into more detail to make sure that you really understand it as it's no use somebody giving you the answers as you'll never get it. xxx

Thank you for your replies:hug: and yes I had mistyped, it should have said 'what EFFECT do they have on the waxing process'

Thanks I get it now, thanks for your help:hug:

I think your tutor just wants you to go into more detail so she is sure you know the reasons why...........which I think you do. Good luck doll. xxx

Latest posts

Back