Offered Space at local hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

My mums' friend lets the local hairdresser rent out the bottom floor of her house for her hairdressing

The space used to be a cafe so through the back there is a kitchen and she's asked if either that or the waiting area would be any good for me to do my beauty work as the hairdresser is pregnant and will be finishing up soon. The hairdresser his happy for this and shed also thought of this a while ago

We'd both be able to use the place as she works 3 days and i'd fit in a couple of days round that.

I'm also pregnant though and suffering morning sickness so the amount I'll be working will be limited.

At the moment I'm working from my spare room but I think this will be good for me to get out the house and have my own space to work away. As sometimes i've been working from home and my baby is in and my boyfriend. Although I live in a place where everyone knows everyone or we're all related I still don't think it gives a professional look if there about when doing a treatment.

I'm just planning on doing waxing/tinting just now then introduce more treatments like facials, massage, nails etc

I'm worried that working in the kitchen might put people off. what are your thoughts?

I've been to salons that have a swimming pool cubicle set up, and a kitchen unit in it and that rooms are used for waxing and theres more relaxing rooms through the back for facials and massage etc.

A family member is an upholsterer so can make up screens or curtains to hide any unsightly bits. but its really just one kitchen unit with a sink and kettle. when the hairdresser isn't using it i'll have everything moved away and my waxing kit out. Then I can also use the waiting area which at the moment is a large space that has a couch in it

Latest posts

Back