Offering evening only appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B.L.B Beauty

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Just wanted some advice/opinions on offering evening only appointments?
I am thinking to offer 1 full day and the rest Evening appointments with the odd Saturday and Sunday,
I currently manage a salon so my hours of work will only allow me to offer evening appointments and one full day in the week, so with me working from home I was thinking to offer evenings only...
In the salon my Evening are always booked up well in advance so just wanted to know is there anyone else who Only offers these times/days?
Thanks in advance
X

I work from home. Although I offer day time and evening appointments, my evenings are very popular. Sometimes my evening slots are fully booked up a couple of weeks in advance, whereas I'll still have the odd space left on a Saturday!
In my local area most salons close by 6pm with maybe the exception of a Thursday evening, so I think that helps as I'm open until 8pm Tuesday - Thursday. Plus, I'm always a little flexible, so don't mind staying open a little later on the odd occasion.

I thought that changing my working hours each week or sometimes working a Sunday and sometimes not, might be confusing as a business but actually it's fine! As the majority of my clients book online and can view my availability, I just have my calendar open or closed whenever I choose.

As a one man band myself, I know that it quickly becomes tricky fitting people in when you start to get busy. If you have very limited space and start to struggle to fit people in, this is where it could get potentially get difficult for you? xx

Last edited:
Hi I think you'll be the most popular lady in town.

I gave up evenings a year or so ago but my most loyal customers are those who I bend the evening rules for.

People need someone they can go to in their spare time and will value you for being there for them.

there's a huge demand for evening appointments.

just make sure you leave yourself free time to rest and recover. Don't fill all you your days with work type activities or you'll burn yourself out xxx

I agree, evenings are really popular. I work day time as well but my evenings always book up quickly.

And on days where I'm working in the evening, I always make sure I have the
Morning or afternoon off :)

I started doing evening only appointments when my children were babies and I could quite easily work 4/5 nights a week from 6-10. People love eve apps, when I tried to cut down eves as was working more days it was very difficult. I do 2 eves a week now and they are booked 2 months in advance, I think you can't go wrong really but do take some time to rest as you can easily work every hour doing this job and the only person in control of it is you. X

Thank you all for your feedback!! Made me feel much more confident going ahead!! Thank you xx

I only work evenings 6 to 10 Monday to Friday and I'm booked out 3 weeks in advance

Latest posts

Back