Olaplex no.2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanity*louise

Reaction score
Hey

Does anyone know if olaplex no.2 can be used for anything on its own. Like a stand alone treatmemt like no.3?

I received a huge free bottle of no.2 with one of my kits and so have loadssss more no.2 than 1 and as u cant buy step 1 on its own i keep amassing more and more step 2.

No 2 can be used as a cutting lotion (wet hair first towel dry , add olaplex 2 cut then wash and condition . Must leave olaplex in for min 10 mins)
You can also add no.2 to hair colour when doing a route tint and you have some tint left add olaplex 2 and then put through the hair to refresh the ends with colour

I also do an olaplex express blowdry or cut and blowdry which consists of no.2 on hair for 15mins and then washed followed by a blowdry if cutting I cut whilst the olaplex I. On the hair . I charge an extra £9 for this on top of blowdry price

This is great info! I've heard it can be used as a cutting lotion but haven't yet tried it.

Lovely thanks guys. Love the idea of adding to tint to freshen ends too x

I don’t think your suppose to add number 2 to tint?

I read it somewhere a few days ago.. I thought the same.

Only in left over tint when refreshing ends for last 10 mins

I could understand adding no 2 into tint for the ends for a gloss and a refresh but into your root colour? Surely it acts as a barrier and doesn’t take like it should do?

Did you not receive the poster with the kit that had the large no2 in it? We had a whole package with a poster including all the other ways to use no2. I'll see if I can find it.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1508495673.078936.jpg

I’m not sure why but that doesn’t look official to me - Olaplex never talk about teaspoons and where’s the stand alone treatments? Is this something a wholesaler has put together?

Also the app is very good - they push all their information to more online use

This came in a kit with the large no2, from Aston & Fincher. I would assume the info has come from Olaplex, if the sheet hasn't. I wouldn't think a wholesaler would make it up? There was a large poster with more info & photos of the products but I can't find it to share.

Its from the wholesaler not Olaplex directly

I have had my Olaplex kit through today - first order I have done with them and haven’t had this through with my kit.

Where did you order from? This wasn’t written by Olaplex - the app is the best place to fine the information for what you need to do

There is an olapelx user group on Facebook, proffesionals only, the admins all work with or for Olaplex. The poster above was created by star qualities, It’s not official Olaplex documentation, Olaplex never recommend mixing no.2 with oxidative or mildly oxidating tint of any kind. It works very well as a mini treatment, apply a small ammount whilst cutting and blow dry in, or apply a large ammount and leave for 10-20+ minutes then shampoo and condition

I knew I'd read it somewhere!! From Sally's
Salon services

Latest posts

Back