Olaplex no.2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s written by the UK wholesalers not by Olaplex themselves - I checked this and they confirmed

I knew I'd read it somewhere!! From Sally's
Salon services
People have posted this on the Olaplex page, and Olaplex has clarified themselves that they never recommend adding 2 into oxidative colours or lightener, if you do this, you void your manufacturers warranty and if anything goes wrong with the colour, your colour line and Olaplex will not help you. It’s not meant to work, Olaplex no2 is highly acidic, it’s a ph of 3, colour is much much much more alkaline, so by adding no.2 you end up shifting the ph of the colour and reduce the deposition as well as warping tonality.

Heyyy,

I'v been using olaplex and it's amazing, I feel I need to share my knowledge!
Only no 1 in colour!
No 2 after as step 2. But you can also use no 2 as a mini treatment, so for instance... a client has a root colour or foils, on the hair that's not been coloured apply no 2. Or your client is having a blow you can put no 2 on either dry, damp or wet hair for 10 mins, then shampoo, condition. Or if having a cut & blow shampoo the hair once, towel dry, apply olaplex no 2, cut then shampoo, condition. We charge £10 for the mini treatment. I personally don't like cutting with it on as its messy.
Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back