Old hairdresser seeks colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca whitty

Reaction score
hi there,have been out of the business for about 14yrs,husband,kids,marriage,that kinda thing!now that they dont need me so much,im trying to build up a little business again. thing is,times have changed and i feel abit lost.am fine with highlights,nothing too adventurous,but am bit stuck with one lady,am really hoping somebody out there can advise me!!shes naturally bout base 6,but has about 50%grey on top.shes had highlift colourhighlights through it for ages,but now she wants to go darker blonde.heres where i panick,shes got bout 4"regrowth,then real blonde on ends,dark underneath.can anybody out there help me pleeeeeeeese?x x x:rolleyes:

to be honest if you've been out of the business for so long, you should go on a refresher course!!! I would have thought most maufacturers will do them so you can use their products properly!! I know loreal and wella definately do.

its not really fair on your clients if your out there working on them, and you dont have the confidence in your own ability to be able to give them exactly what they want.

good luck hun, :hug:

yep,youre right.iwas thinking i should take that route.am gonna have a look to see whats available right now.thanks for your speedy reply chick:hug:xx

hi hun , i was a hairdresser but went into beuaty / nails so was out of the game for a good 6 yrs or more , and i deecided to get back into it so did a few days refresher training, i went to a private college but to be honest i would get int ouch with your local college and go there as the private one i went to was a bit sparse on clients , we had to share em !!!
am still thinking of going back to college and doing more refresher training there xxxx

will try local college,not sure if they do courses for oldies like me tho!!!!!had a quick look at your website,looks fab!!!thanks for your advice:hug:

Latest posts

Back