Ombre red and black nails - Halloween

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHOWE

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm dying to do this design fro Halloween....but has anyone had any success doing such a dark Ombre effect with Gelish? I've tried doing a red base coat and sponging the black on but no joy. Is there a black additive anyone could recommend???

vanessa-hudgens-nails-black-red-ombre.jpg

to me these look like its a black gel polish with a red additive powder blended at the tips, and this is how i would personally do it as well :)

do your gel polish as normal in black, press red additive into the tip of the nail and when there is little to no product left on the brush gently start blending the powder up with very gentle strokes.

To get the intense red you might need to put a clear coat and redo the tips in the red :)

Hiya,

That sounds great @noreenoconnor, I don't have a red additive...could you recommend one by any chance?:)

I use all CND products, do Gelish do some kind of pigment powders? I'm not sure, they probably do.

I use bright red additive by CND but i'm sure there are many other similar products if you don't want or order just one product from a different wholesaler (you can only buy CND products though sweet squared )

You are a mine of information @noreenoconnor, Ill order from Sweet Squared asap...really need to try these he he

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444147499.888065.jpg

As suspected I had to do 2 coats of additive but it gives a similar result :)

I have done this, I used red gel polish then a tiny bit of black additives, it really does go a long way..I use cnd black additives! I got loads of compliments when I did them [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back