on going training - need some help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lublu

Reaction score
hello every body,
hope you are all keeping nice and busy!!!
have had a salon for just over a year with three therapists but dont always feel that i know 100% that things are being carried out as i ask to the standard i want.
question i have is this: working in a salon - treatments are carried out behind closed doors, its not like if you had a hairdressers where you can see and hear what you staff are saying and doing with clients at any given time.
I want to ensure the highest standards are consistantly been given but how do you do this?
I could sit in on treatements - but not all clients may like this particularly if they are having things like bikini wax.
just wish i could be in treatment rooms as mr invisible to see exactly the how, why what and when is and how clients react.
thank you
lucy

Hi Lucy! :)

Did you get your girls to do a trade test? Also are you a hairdresser or a beauty therapist?

Maybe you could do a staff review and perhaps get the girls to perform treatments on you, or each other, and you can observe. But be gentle! And remember that just because someone doesnt do the same things as you, this doesnt mean they are rubbish:hug:

if you have managed to keep the same girls for a year - thats a really good sign, no one likes a high turnover of staff! Also consider what further training or courses you could send them on, to keep them motivated and feel like they are at the forefront of the industry. Perhaps a staff day out to one of the shows?

good luck xx

good idea from soda bubble - this is 'peer review' - you can motivate the whole team to maintain standards and share knowledge at little cost (only time!!!)

I think the peer review is a great idea. Your therapists can also pick up tips from each other. Another idea would be for you to get friends to come in for treatments.

Latest posts

Back