One long mirror or seperate styling units?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonb

Reaction score
Hi Guys

This is my first post on here!

Myself and my partner are looking to open a new salon in our town centre, so please bear with me if you see a number of posts on here asking questions!

We have found a retail unit to rent, and we're negotiating the rent etc now.

During our design stages, we have toyed with the idea of either having..
a) Island Units, so approx 4 units either side in the middle of the room
b) seperate styling units along the wall (traditional)
c) having one big lonnnng mirror going across the wall.

Each option has its pro's and con's, I think we've cancelled out the island units idea due to space issues.

Obviously cost is an issue but it seems that option b & c work out at roughly the same cost.

So i'd like your advice on either option please, do clients mind if they're sat in front of a long mirror and can see each other, earwig each other or do they prefer this if they want to join in the conversation.

The long mirror would easily fit 6 - 7 sections in and is good because we can add or subtract chairs when needed as opposed to stations being a fixed number regardless!

Advice please - sorry for the long post!

Jason

Have you worked out how much space each section needs to be a safe and comfortable working area? Individual is alot easier and looks better, makes clients feel they have their own space. I've seen full length and it looks awful, but that's my view.

Thanks Bluerinse, well, im allowing 2 foot in between each chair, which is what i would allow between each seperate section.

Bear in mind it will be modern and very well lit, with downlighters in front of the mirrors etc

Latest posts

Back