One more question about Custom Blending...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
....and then I'll shut up (if only for a while!!)....

In the Custom Blending Kit there is a recipe book, and in the kit is a small spoon/spatula. The recipes typically ask for 2 scoops of one colour, 1 of another and then ½ of a couple of others - so how much powder would that give me?? Enough for a complete set of overlays, or only tips? I don't want to be mixing more as I go along becasue of potential colour differences (I'm going with the emulsion from the same batch theory here).

Has anyone tried it yet from the book??

Yvette
xx

yep, it should

i've been mixing glimmer and twilight too (not much though!) and i've had more than plenty

Don;t shut up, this is a great thread which we can all learn from

Cathy

hi yvette
this is something that has never occured to me b4!, that doesn't happen often!!
i thought about the amounts of powder that would normally b used in a full set, & my estimatse is about 4-6 scoops would b enough for a full set.
don't forget that each colour is usually used for either zone 1, or for the nail bed colour(zones 2 & 3).
i would also add that if i mix up something for a client & they change their mind for their next app, i never waste the mix, i will add to it for her or someone else.
imo it's better to mix up a little too much than haveing to keep mixing up more.
the pots of powder in the custom colour blending kit are realy cute, i love them!
however, some colours will form your base mixes. i.e perfect colour pink; flawless pink; soft white to name a few. it is much more financially viable to use your bigger pots to fill these ones up.
eventually, u will build up a full collection of larger pots of all the colours, but the kit is a great way for u to try out all the powders in the cnd range.
have fun!
liza x

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to mix a colour tomorrow and put it on my own nails and that will give me a better idea of how much I get per recipe so to speak.... Next job - decide which colour.....hmmmm, so much choice!!!

Liza, thanks for the tip about using larger pots of the base colours - it will be interesting to see which colours I use the most!

Yxx

Latest posts

Back