One Stroke Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
I've just been watching Donna Dewberry on Youtube, her paintings are really amazing especially the cabbage rose, anyway was wondering if anyone uses this technique successfully on nails? I once saw a video clip but don't remember where :rolleyes:

Thanks

Yes, alot of us use her technique. Go for it!

Wow she is so clever!!! Those flower pictures are amazing!!

i use this technique very much and i won the nail art competition in the netherlands using this technique
300320087kj6.jpg

Wow, they're gorgeous I can see why you won the comp!!

We need tutorials :):):)

What kind of brush do you use? and what size?

Sabrina, I love your nails! I'm happy for your winning the Netherlands comp! I just entered the colorpops comp.! I have never entered any comps before! How many have you entered?

I've seen this technique on nails many times. It's LOVELY.
I figure if I can master this and the painting techniques she teaches, I'll be able to paint anything (at least this is what I'm hoping for LOL).

I recently received, as a gift from a client, one of her books.
I can NOT wait to try it out, but no time between now and the wedding.
Trust me, I'm champing at the bit.

Give it a whirl, I think it's well worth it.

My client told me to start with a bigger brush first, on paper. Learn the movements, "get them down", then move on to smaller and smaller brushes, minimizing the 'movements' to make the particular shapes.

good luck:hug:

i use flat brushes in sizes 1, 2 and 4
like mentioned it is the easiest to practise on paper first to learn the movement and then practice on tips and nails
this was my 5th entry for nail art competition BTW

Thx a lot for posting this. Can't believe how easy and effectfull it is :eek:
I think it's so cool that I can learn new stuff thanks to you guys posting and sharing it.

Nailsofart, your nails are really gorgeous! :green:

Absolutely fabulous! Got to have a go. Looks so easy! famous last words eh!? Just my sort of thing. x

Well i've been trying most of the day and i'm just about to throw my paints & brushes into outer space!! :irked: lol

It certainly isn't as easy as it looks :rolleyes: but I suppose it's like anything....practise, practise & more practise :lol:

Well i've been trying most of the day and i'm just about to throw my paints & brushes into outer space!! :irked: lol

It certainly isn't as easy as it looks :rolleyes: but I suppose it's like anything....practise, practise & more practise :lol:
i was just thinking how easy she makes it look.
even though im sure its not.
what a lovely flower though shes very talented.

hi all, what paints do you use and where can i get them from ?

Just normal (water based) craft paints

Right girlies, lets get our paints and brushes and get practising! Show your x:eek:work. Need to get new paints!

she makes it look so easy.

hi bubbles
recognise your picture but not the name
thanks for the compliment

Bubbles, Your first flower is looking good girl!

Latest posts

Back